Chapter 11

Haku and my weapon clashed again. This time we stayed in that position longer. I realised he is doing a hand sign with her left hand. Is it even possible?? A Jutsu with only one hand??

"Special Jutsu: Flying Water Needles!"

Oh shit!

I immediately released and disappeared in a whirlwind of cherry blossoms. I appeared again behind Haku to kick him. He dodged.

"We have to end this fast. It seems the battle over there is coming to an end." He said.

What?? I looked over to Kakashi to find him slashed by Zabuza. Shit!!

"KAKASHI! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I screamed. We have to end this now!

"Special Jutsu: Demonic Ice Mirrors."

Oh crap.. Haku's deadliest Jutsu. Great.

He stepped into the mirror. Now, he is everywhere. He started throwing needles and I dodged as much as I can. Unfortunately, it was too fast. I dodged only half of it. When it stopped, I took the chance to perform hand signs. Thank goodness we are at the bridge! I have all the water I need!

"Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu!"

A huge dragon came up from the river and smashed the mirror with such force that the mirrors broke. The broken pieces cut my skin everywhere. Haku was knocked down by the force. Haku!

Kakashi's POV

After Zabuza slashed me, he disappeared again. When I took a look at where Sakura was, she is trapped. Suddenly, a voice spoke.

"I see, Haku must have wanted to end this quickly. That is her special Jutsu which no one have broke. Say your last good bye to your dear daughter." I growled at him when he said that. Sakura, please be alright. I took out my scroll and opened it, then I wiped my blood on the scroll.

"Ninpou Summon: Earth Tracking Fang!"

Zabuza's POV

What noise is this? Suddenly, I felt sharp pain around my body to find dogs biting me. Shit!

"If I can't sense you, I might as well smell you out. With. My. Blood. Or why do you think I let you to slash my chest? The sword you are holding..smells like my blood which makes it easy to smell you out." He stopped for awhile and continued. "Surrender, Zabuza. Or your death awaits you."

"Just kill me."

"You know very well that Sakura still loves you." I stunned. "She would never forgive me if I did. Even if she does, she can't live happily with her father's murderer."

I looked down and said,"She isn't my daughter. She is yours. You care for her and love her like a father should. I cannot fulfil that. And I wasn't there for half of her life. Moreover, I left a wound in her heart"

"You did, Zabuza. You loved her and cared for her like a father should. You never showed it. You left her for her own sake. You knew I was coming to your village, didn't you? You wanted her to be a good shinobi, not a criminal like you. You didn't want her to be connected to a criminal like you. You made a bad image of yourself in front of her, so that she would not be upset when she leaves. That day when she was kidnapped, you were there. You watched over her until she is taken by me. From time to time, you appear a distance away from her window to watch her. When she sleeps, you step inside to kiss her goodnight. Sometimes, you even talk to her. You think I don't know, Zabuza?" I was shocked.

"H-How..?"

"I found out someone was running through the missions scrolls in Konoha. I was there when I see you, but I kept quiet because you didn't do any harm. I could sense you from a distance away when she was kidnapped. I could sense you outside her window. I was leaning by the door when you talked to her. I saw you kissed her goodnight. You were always there on her birthday. You even left presents by the doorway and asked me to claim it was my present for her on a note. You do love her, Zabuza. She does too. No matter what you do,you are still her father. And she loves you. Surrender, Zabuza. You can be a family again."

"No..I can't.. You are her family now, Kakashi. You have taken good care of her for years. And you loved her. I have done too many sins and death is my only escape. Please Kakashi, stop my misery."

"I'm sorry, but I can't do it. Death is not an option. I have killed someone dear to me. I'm not killing someone again!"

"JUST DO IT, KAKASHI! I'm a criminal! An S-class criminal! KILL ME! But promise me to take good care of Sakura for me. She is too dear to me. Please, Kakashi. Grant me peace"

Kakashi's POV

I hesitated. I can't bring myself to kill him. I can't. But he is an S-class criminal. If he is captured, he will be tortured to death. Perhaps..I should end his misery.. I'm sorry..Sakura. Please forgive me.

"Lightning Style: Lightning Edge!"

Published: December 2014
Edited: 12 January 2017