Chapter 50

Kurenai dressed me up in a red kimono with cherry blossoms decorating it, an orange obi around my waist. My hair was tied up in a messy bun leaving my fringe down to frame my face. Kurenai applied light make up onto my face. After all of us are done, we went down to the living room where the guys were waiting.

The moment they saw us, they were mesmerised; probably because they don't see us in this get up very often. Daddy looked at me with a proud glint in his eyes. Asuma drooled over Kurenai. Kankuro was teasing Temari. Gaara stared at me with a tint of pink on his cheeks. I blushed and walked to my dad.

"You look beautiful, my little angel." Daddy said and pat my head.

"That way, I can escape and leave you alone to do whatever at night." I giggled. Daddy hid his blush under his mask.

"Come on, don't keep them waiting." Kurenai said and pulled Asuma out.

We followed her and walked to the venue where the festival was held. I come here every year with the same people, but this year is different. Daddy grabbed my hand and walked into the crowd.

"Don't want you to get lost again." He teased.

"I didn't get lost that many times!" I pouted.

"I wonder who got lost here five times in a row?" He asked and tapped his chin innocently. I flushed and punched him playfully on his arm. He chuckled and pulled me closer.

"MY YOUTHFUL CHERRY BLOSSOM! YOU LOOK SO LOVELY TONIGHT!" Gai yelled. He says this every single year. Over the years, I have changed. I used to run away from him, but now I'm different. I kicked his shin and he fell onto the ground, then cried.

"PLEASE BE MY GIRLFRIEND! I VOW TO PROTECT YOU WITH MY LIFE, MY YOUTHFUL CHERRY BLOSSOM!" Oh,it seems Gai brought Lee. This time, I didn't have to do anything. Daddy punched Lee on the head.

I sensed Yamato behind me, so I punched his nose without looking back.

"I missed how you used to run away from me." Yamato sighed. I stuck my tongue at him and grabbed daddy's hand.

"Let's eat dangos!" I squealed. Daddy sighed and followed me. Asuma and Kurenai went to God knows where. Gai and Lee were complaining how unyouthful daddy and I were. Gaara,Temari and Kankuro followed us. They were fascinated by the place. Gaara only show it in his eyes. Yamato tried to scare me, but he always fail. I end up punching him or kicking him when he tried. Daddy was so annoyed that he glared at Yamato to stop, which he obeyed.

Temari and Kankuro played around like there was no tomorrow. I had to drag Gaara everywhere to make him play. He wants to, but he held too much pride. I can see that he enjoyed.

At 12am sharp, the fire work display was going on. All of us stopped at a side to watch it. Gaara was standing beside me, both of us had our eyes locked. Unconsciously, our fingers met and intertwined with each other. Our face leaned closer and closer and closer...

...Our lips almost met..

"Sakura!" A voice called. I stepped away from Gaara and pulled my hand back to my side. I turned and saw the person who called me.

"Lee?"

"I bought these flowers for you." He said and handed me the bouquet of different shades of pink roses.

"You don't have to, Lee. It's really beautiful. Thank you." I smiled at him.

Lee blushed and said,"You are very welcome!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Gaara glaring at Lee. Could it be..? I shook my head. Nah..

After the firework display session, we head back home. I gave Lee a peck on the cheeks as a thank you for the beautiful bouquet of pink roses. He blushed and skipped around with happy tears. Gai cried tears of joy while joining Lee saying how proud he was. I sweat dropped.

I stole a glance at Gaara and saw he was somewhat upset. I thought for awhile and moved closer to him. Surprising everyone, I kissed his cheeks and smiled at him and walked back home with daddy on my side. He was definitely upset that I kissed two guys in front of him. Even though it's just a peck on the cheeks. I can't help but giggle at dad glaring at the both of them. Gaara was caught off guard when I did that, so he was still recovering from his shock, oblivious to the glares he received.

I sighed at daddy and pulled him to my level and kissed his cheeks.  "Don't worry, daddy. You will always get one." I grinned. He smiled and hugged me before kissing my forehead. We walked back home happily and immediately black out the moment our heads hit the pillow.

Yep, this year is definitely different but it is almost the same as usual. I smiled.

Published: December 2014
Edited: 27 January 2017