Chapter 23

"G-Gaara?" I said as Gaara stood protectively in front of me.

"More brats.." Dosu said.

"Tch." Kin rolled her eyes.

"Who are you calling brats?" Kankuro said as he appeared next to Gaara with Temari.

"Scram before I kill you." Gaara ordered.

"What makes you think you can kill me?" Dosu smirked.

"Gaara! Don't kill them!" I said.

"I can kill you anytime, but I'm told not to. You are in luck. But..I can make you suffer with pain." Gaara said as his sand wraps around Dosu's left arm. With his sand, he crushed it.

"ARGH!" Dosu shrieked.

"Now do you understand?" Gaara warned.

"Y-Yes. Please, here is the scroll. Don't kill us." Dosu said as Kin grabbed Zaku and they ran off.

Gaara faced me and asked,"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thank you!" I smiled.

"Your ear is bleeding." He said.

"Oh, this is nothing. Don't worry about it."

"No, your eardrum is broken. I heard your conversation. You can't balance yourself."

"No, I'm okay."

"Alright, I'll accompany your team to the tower. This is an order." He sighed in defeat.

"Oh? Uhh..alright, if that's okay with you. But.. we don't have an Earth scroll yet."

"Here, the guy left it awhile ago. I already have mine." He said and hand me an Earth scroll.

"T-Thank you!" I beamed.

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto shouted.

I turned and saw Naruto,"Oh! You are awake! You too, Sasuke? How are both of you feeling?" I walked over to them, but almost fell to be caught in Gaara's arms.

"I'll carry you instead. You are in no shape to walk." I blushed and nodded.

"T-Thank you..Gaara.."

"Sakura! What happened to your ear?!?" Naruto asked.

"Long story, Naruto.." I sighed. "Let's head to the tower now. I have got the Earth scroll."

"Yeah! Believe it! You are awesome, Sakura-chan!" Naruto exclaimed.

"You should really thank Gaara for this, Naruto. He saved us and got us a scroll."

"Oh, really? Thank you, Gaara!" Naruto thanked and Gaara nodded.

I kept a close eye on Sasuke, wondering what mark did Orochimaru put on him. There is something off about him..

Kakashi's POV

"Kakashi, it seems Sakura broke her ear drum when she fought with 3 sound ninjas on her own. But luckily, Gaara appeared just in time before they hurt her any further. Now Gaara is accompanying them to the tower." Pakkun reported.

"Very well, how is Sakura's ear? Couldn't she heal it?" I asked.

"I don't know... I was watching her from a distance because I know she would tell me to not find you." Pakkun said.

"I understand. If she broke her eardrum, it means she can't balance herself. How is she going to walk?"

"She tried to walk, but failed. Now she is carried by Gaara to the tower."

I widened my eyes "WHAT?!? HOW DARE HE TOUCH MY LITTLE CHERRY BLOSSOM?!?" I freaked out.

Pakkun sweat dropped.

Published: December 2014

Edited: 13 January 2017