Chapter 52

His presence was very familiar to the point where it became disturbing. Where have I met him before? I thought. I never met a guy who looked like that.. Maybe I never met him. It is presence that felt familiar after all.. I recalled my memories again and finally remembered.

That day on my last day in the academy. I had lunch under the cherry blossom tree and I felt a presence. That presence is him!

I looked at him and back to my ramen. I quickly finish my ramen and pulled him out.

"Daddy, Naruto, I have things to discuss with Sai. Bye!" I quickly said and pulled Sai away from the restaurant, but not before seeing them exchange curious glances.

I stopped somewhere and turned to face him.

"By any chance,were you watching me years ago when I sat under the cherry blossom tree?" I asked boldly.

His eyes widened a little and he seemed like he is holding a gasp. I raised my eyebrows, an act to urge him to answer.

"Follow me." He ordered and pulled me.

"W-What? Where are we going?" I asked.

"Giving you an answer." He replied.

"O-Okay.." I blinked.

We brought me to a room and opened the door. The walls were filled with paintings and one of them caught my eyes. I gasped staring at it with eyes wide open.

"I-It's me.."

"I was around that area by coincidence and I saw you. I was looking for some inspiration to draw, so I drew you." He said.

"I-It's beautiful.." I looked at him and smiled. "You are really talented."

"You are just really beautiful." He recklessly uttered with a real smile.

"T-Thank you.." I blushed at his comment.

"How did you know it was me?" He asked.

"Well.. I felt your presence there, but I didn't bother because you caused no harm..and your presence felt familiar, so I thought it was you." I answered.

"So I was found out then.." He said.

"Yeah." I grinned sheepishly. "Oh well, welcome to Team 7."

"My pleasure to be in your team." He said.

"Come on, lets go and find Kakashi sensei and Naruto " I said and pulled him out.

"Is Kakashi sensei your father?" He asked.

"Kind of..? He adopted me." I answered.

"I see." He said.

Somehow, his reply sounded.. almost depressing. I wonder what's wrong.. I sighed and shrugged it off.

Published: December 2014
Edited: 28 January 2017