Chapter 29

Sasuke's chidori managed to break through Gaara's sand barrier and landed a wound on Gaara's left shoulder. This is bad. We can't see what is inside Gaara's barrier. Sasuke's hand seemed like it's stuck inside. As he pulled his hand out,a huge monstrous looking hand was holding onto Sasuke's hand. Sasuke pulled his hand out of it's grasp and stepped backward.

Gaara stepped out of his barrier. The monstrous hand was no where to be found. Could that hand be?! The One Tailed Beast?!?

Suddenly, everyone is put into genjutsu. I realised and quickly released it. Daddy did too. When I opened my eyes, I saw Kankuro and Temari bring Gaara away. Sasuke followed them. Two sound ninjas appeared in front of me. Before I could react, daddy blocked them and grabbed their hands. He used his kunai and killed them in an instant.

"D-Daddy."

"Go wake Naruto and Shikamaru up. Follow Gaara. Our village is under attack. Hurry!" He ordered.

"Y-Yes!" Before I make a move,daddy stopped me. His back facing me, he turned his head a little, so I saw only half of his face.

"Be careful, Sakura" He said.

I nodded. "You too, dad"

I immediately left and shed a tear. I'm worried of him, but I'm sure he will manage.

After I released Naruto's genjutsu, I crawled to Shikamaru find him already awake, but faking to sleep. I was irritated and punched his head.

"Ow!"

"We have to follow Gaara and Sasuke! Orders from Kakashi."

"What a drag.."

"How are we going to find them?" Naruto asked.

I quickly did a summon Jutsu. Pakkun appeared.

"Pakkun! Trace Sasuke's scent and lead us there immediately!" I ordered.

"Yes, Sakura." He replied. Shikamaru and Naruto was shocked to see a talking dog. Their eyes were widened.

After he traced his scent,he lead us into the woods. I followed him and with Shikamaru and Naruto behind me.

Please..let us make it in time!! I prayed. Please let everyone be okay!

Tears are threatening to fall, but I fought it. I have a really really bad feeling. I gulped nervously and cursed mentally as well as praying for everyone's safety.

"I sense a group of 10 people coming at us." Pakkun informed.

"I'll stop them." Shikamaru said.

"W-What? No! You will die!" I said.

"Both you and Naruto are able to stop him. With my strategies, I can fend those people off alone. Don't worry about me. Now go!" Shikamaru ordered.

I bit my lip and thought he was right. I furrowed my eyebrows and said,"Alright Shikamaru, don't die on us." I said I sped off.

Naruto followed shortly after he tell Shikamaru to catch up with us.

Shikamaru.. Although you are one lazy bum,you are really brave and smart. I smiled.

"Another one is coming." Pakkun said.

"What?" I said.

"He caught up with us." Pakkun said.

I looked back and saw..

"Shino??"

"The sand ninjas betrayed our village. They are working together with the sound ninjas to crush us." He said.

"What the heck." I snarled. Those bastards.

"There is a guy up ahead." Pakkun warned.

"Kankuro!" I said.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you go any further." He said.

"Don't worry, I'll take him" Shino said.

I nodded. "Careful, Shino." I said and hopped branch by branch deeper into the woods. Shino is strong..he can do it.

Published: December 2014

Edited: 13 January 2017