21

John anxiously tapped his foot. He hated his fathers office. There was barely anything personal in it. The only times he ever went inside his office was when he was in trouble.

"Can you please explain why my son has to leave, when he is busy?" He asked Alex, his voice with a edge. John shivered, but Alex seemed unaffected.

"Well, Mr. Laurens, John and I need to go help my son, Philip. I was told he was in danger."

Henry raised a eyebrow. "Who is Philip and why does he have anything to do with John."

"Dad, remember how I'm a guardian angel? Well, Philip is one of the first kids I guard. I've known him for almost twenty years, and if he's in trouble, I have to do something! I would have gone earlier, but I visited last month, and nothing seemed wrong-" he rambled on, but stopped as he realized he said something wrong. And he wasn't the only one.

"I thought I told you to stop visiting Earth..." Henry said, his eyes focused on John.

John paled. "No no, that's not what I meant, I, uh," he stuttered. "It's my job, I have to do it."

Henry stood up. "Your job is here!" He growled, and John flinched slightly. Alex's eyes widened, as he quickly grabbed John's arm and stood up.

"Sorry, Mr. Laurens, but we have to leave. Now." Alex said, and before he could get his answer, he dragged John outside the office and through the work room, making a few angels look at him, but Alex didn't care. He walked quickly outside to the reception area.

"Are you okay?" He turned around and asked John, who was still as pale as his wings.

"I-I'm fine." He stuttered, but despite what he said, he looked shaken up. Peggy gave Alex a confused look.

"What happened?" She asked, worriedly.

Alex was about to answer, but John cut him off. "He found out I've been visiting earth."

Peggy's eyes widened. "Oh god..." She muttered, just as Alex started to hear yelling through the door. John looked at him frantically.

"We need to leave." He said, looking to the elevator. He ran towards it and clicked the button. He turned to Peggy. "Cover for me?"

She nodded. "Like I always do..." she said shakily, just as the elevator doors opened. They both stepped inside and waved as the doors closed, just as Henry's voice was a few feet away.