32

The angels found Alex and Philip hundred around John's broken body. Alex told them what happened, and they knew that telI by the boss was going to be difficult.

"We'll bring him to heaven." One of the angels decided. They pointed to Alex. "You, the demon, you're coming with us."

Alex nodded, wiping the tears that were still escaping his eyes. He wasn't expecting any less.

"What about me?" Philip asked, looking down at his shoes. "It's my fault. I should be the one to tell his dad..."

"No. You did nothing wrong." Alex said immediately. "You should go home and see your mother. I bet she's worried sick."

Philip's eyes widened. "Oh. You're right."

Alex forced a smile and hugged him. "I'll come visit soon."

Philip forced a smile back. "Alright..." He looked down at John. "Are you sure I shouldn't come?"

The angel nodded. "It's best you stay here. Plus humans aren't allowed in Heaven, at least, until they die."

"Oh..." Philip trailed off. "Okay. Bye pops." He said to Alex, before turning to John. "B-bye John." He said, before quickly turning around, holding back tears.

The angels picked up John and turned to Alex. "Ready to go?"

Alex nodded. "Yeah."

The angels nodded and started to fly off, but Alex strayed back a few seconds.

He looked up at the sky, and, as if out of nowhere, there was another star in the sky. And Alex knew for sure that this one was watching him.