34

Informing John's father of his passing was not pleasant.

Alex found himself barely being able to tell him what happened. Peggy was in the corner, listening to the story and covering her mouth in shock. Other angels stood there, not believing there ears. Many of them had worked with John for years, and the idea of his death seemed foreign. Many of them didn't even know angels could die.

And, of course, Henry didn't take the news well. Things were thrown. Henry probably would have fought him if the other angels weren't there to hold him back.

It definitely didn't help that he was almost a foot taller than Alex.

He was escorted out. Angels stared at him wherever he walked, making him hang his head in guilt.

He rode the train back to hell, avoiding the stares of the people around him. When he got back, the first person he saw was Burr, who walked up to him.

"Hey, Man..." he said, looking at him. "Are you okay? I heard what happened."

Alex nodded, lying. "Yeah. Is Washington here?"

Burr nodded, clearly not believing him. "Yeah. Why?"

"I just need to ask him something."

"Okay..." Burr said, trailing off. "He's in his office."

Alex nodded. "Thanks." He said, walking off to his office. He walked past Jefferson, who surprisingly didn't have anything to say, and instead, just stayed silent.

Alex walked to Washington's office and opened the door.