Chapter 29

"So Shikamaru is our opponent? I think that's a bit unfair" I looked to Tsunade.

"What! No I'm here to deliver some documents!" Shikamaru shook his head immediately.

"Who are you again?" Naruto squinted at Temari.

"You don't remember me?" She asked annoyed "Anyway Scarlett, Kankuro and Gaara wanted to know when your gonna visit again."

"Kankuro to?" I asked surprised.

"He was really happy when you wanted to know more about his puppets last time" She explained.

"The fingers one or the ones he fights with?" I asked.

"He has finger puppets?" She asked me.

Tsunade coughed again to get our attention "They aren't your opponents he's out there" Tsunade pointed at the window.

"A tree?" I asked.

Naruto opened the window "Kakashi sensei! You haven't changed a bit!"

He jumped out the window then poked his head back in "Oh yeah Scarlett come here" Naruto waved me over.

I walked over and he gave both me and Kakashi a book "Its the newest book from the Icha Icha serious."

"YES!!" I hugged him and took the book.

Kakashi is having the same reaction as me "I think this kind of stuff is boring but I know how much you both love it" Naruto grinned at me.

I opened it and read the first page "Not now you two" Tsunade scolded us I sighed and closed the book.

"So your our opponent?" Naruto asked Kakashi.

They both came back through the window into the office "I want to see what you three can do against Kakashi I will determine your status in the future based on the results" Tsunade explained.

"Sakura Scarlett show me that you both weren't wasting time learning from me," Tsunade smirked at us.

"Scarlett you trained under Tsunade but you're my student" Jiraiya whined at me.

"She trained under me for a year so it was longer than you so she's my student" Tsunade informed him they were glaring at each other.

"Are they fighting over me?" I asked Sakura.

"Looks like it" She mumbled.

"Well shall we start? Is what I would like to say but Naruto your probably tired since you just got back I will let you have a short rest" Kakashi told him.

"I'm not tired one bit" Naruto retorted.

"He just wants some time to read his book" I explained and Kakashi gave me a betrayed look.

"We will meet up at the Third training grounds later see ya" Kakashi disappeared in a puff of smoke.

I got out the book and started reading again and walked with Sakura, Naruto, Shikamaru, Haruki and Temari around town.

"We should make a strategy against Kakashi sensei," Sakura suggested.

Naruto then got really close to Shikamaru "Are you guys on a date?" He grinned.

"It's not like that" Shikamaru sighed.

"Cut out the jokes why would I even date him?" Temari asked him "Its nearly time for the chunin exams so I have been going back and forth between the sand and the leaf for meetings concerning the exam."

"I'm in charge of the exams it's a pain" Shikamaru complained.

"The chunin exams that takes me back" Naruto mumbled.