Chapter 68

"I will stop this war as well." Naruto declared. "I will take on all the hatred and the pain. This is my duty!"

"Are you two not listening?! You have the nine tails, and you have the demons! This isn't only about you two!" Iruka yelled at us.

"That's why I have to fight!" I retorted.

"Why can't you have faith in me?!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Don't act like spoiled brats to me! You are an important student to me, and I think of you as my little brother! The enemy is targeting you both with all he's got, we can't let you both shoulder that burden alone!" Iruka explained.

"We are stronger now! You gave us our headbands!" Naruto reminded him.

"Please, don't take this chance away from me. I need to go, I want to talk to him one more time, I need to know why." I pleaded.

Iruka was a little shocked that I was pleading. He picked up the headband Naruto dropped when we came through the waterfall and walked over to us and handed it to Naruto. "I still can't let you go!" He declared.

"A barrier like this won't stop us." Naruto informed him and used his tailed beast chakra mode, and he got out of shadow possession.

I used my demonfire to get me out and had it float around me as Shiki tried to capture us with insects.

Naruto jumped away and I teleported away.

"Why?!" Naruto yelled as we ran through the woods, and then he found some note on his headband, he read it making him smile then he threw it to me.

'Knowing you will both rush to the battlefield I made this note. If you're reading this, it means I wasn't able to stop you both this is the only thing I can say, come back alive, no matter what.' I smiled after reading it.

"Looks like we have to stay alive." I laughed.

We got to the edge of the barrier and a tailed beast bomb went flying above us and it cracked the barrier, but then it got stuck in it. "You two and I are gonna break that barrier, stat!" Bee declared, and he's in his tailed beast form.

"Octopops!" Naruto yelled happily.

"The barrier is repairing itself." I informed them.

"I will break the next barrier, fool! You both push the tailed beast bomb through!" Bee ordered.

We all jumped up to reach it and Naruto and I pushed the tailed beast bomb through the barrier. Bee went through after us, and he punched the next barrier, and we pushed his beast bomb into it shattering the barrier together.

We did it for the rest of them and landed on the ground safely, Bee turned back into his human form.

"Wasn't this an island?" Naruto asked bewildered by the view of the area.

"If it was, we would be standing on water." I informed him, and we looked around the area to see it was all made of stone.

"I like this more." Klaus added.

"Very cat-like of you." I hummed.

"Dammit." Klaus groaned. "That's not amusing."

"It is amusing." I retorted.

"Let's just go." Bee spoke up and we started running towards where we sensed gigantic amounts of chakra.

We kept going even as it turned to night and I saw Naruto wasn't focused as we ran. I looked into his eyes and used my sharingan to get into his mind.

"You're still naive Naruto, saying you will stop the war. I'm sure you have sensed how strong the enemy is." Kurama smirked.

"Kurama, you just can't believe in anyone, can you?" I asked, and I was sitting on his paw that is in front of his face.