Chapter 81

"Obito you were younger than Naruto is now, do you remember? All the missions that the four of us went on? As a medic ninja Rin did her best to protect you two." Minato asked. "She would have never wished for a situation like this."

Kakashi finally put down his kunai so we let his wrist go. "But what caused this is my responsibility." Minato admitted.

"Rin to me is just as you said, Scarlett. She was my sun, my only light and hope. After I lost Rin the world as I saw it changed it became a pitch-black hell." Obito admitted.

I'm the same as him with Naruto. He's my sun.

"There's no hope in this world. I took Madara's identity and walked the world, but all it did was confirm my belief even with my Sharingan I couldn't see anything, there was nothing to see." Obito explained.

"I don't know anything for sure either." Kakashi added.

"Then my new path is-!" Obito spoke up.

"But without a doubt, your path is just one of many and it may not actually be wrong either. I thought this world was hell to. I thought you had died and right after that I lost Rin." Kakashi admitted. "And I lost Minato sensei as well, but even though I tried my best to see the world with this eye. I felt as long as I had your Sharingan and words I could see."

"And what you saw is Naruto?" Obito asked.

"Him and Scarlett." Kakashi answered.

"How can you be sure his path won't fail?" Obito questioned him.

"I don't know if he will." Kakashi admitted.

"I'm here to help him, so he won't fail." I grinned.

"How is he different from me? Why do you go so far for him?" Obito asked.

"Because I can say without hesitation that he is less likely to fail than the current you." Kakashi explained.

"Why?" Obito sat up and I helped support him.

"Because if he trips and stumbles on his path, I will help him. I will do that because he never gives up on his dreams or on reality that is just the kind of guy he is." Kakashi told him.

"The way he forges ahead draws others towards him he makes you want to help him. He has such great support it pushes him even closer towards his dream that's the difference between you two." Kakashi looked over at Naruto

"Is that really possible in this pitch-black world?" Obito asked him.

"If comrades that you trust gather around you hope can take physical form and become visible that's what I believe." Kakashi answered all of his questions.

"Naruto's dream, huh?" Obito mumbled. "Scarlett, what is yours? I never heard it."

"To protect my friends and family and you're one of them." I informed him, and he was shocked. "Stop being shocked that I care about you." I pulled his cheek.

He smiled and then started coughing scaring us. "Having the tailed beasts extracted from him means that Obito..." Minato mumbled then he went quiet.

"The tailed beast inside me just explained to me that he won't die. He just won't be able to move for a couple of months." Minato explained, and we sighed in relief.

Obito let go of my hands and clasped his together. "What are you doing?" I asked him.

"The same thing the man I once tried to use did to betray me." Obito explained.

"Stop it!" I yelled knowing he's gonna use the Rinne Rebirth.

"I never imagined I would do the same thing. I finally understand why Nagato betrayed me back then. I won't have much to say to Rin on the other side." Obito mumbled.