Chapter 34

We returned and had Chiyo's funeral soon afterwards but right after that we had to leave "Well say hi to dad for me and I hope you are having a good drink together right now" I said at her grave "I will come again and when I'm old enough I will bring some sake as well or I could-"

"When your old enough Scarlett" Kakashi hit me lightly on the head with his book.

"I have been reading this since I was like eight you really shouldn't be the one scolding me" I held up my book, and he then fell over "Gai he fell again!"

We all got prepared to leave, and we are at the entrance of the Sand village with Gaara, Kankuro and Temari.

"You can stay for another day to rest," Temari informed us.

"There is something we need to immediately report to my master so we will be leaving now" Sakura explained.

"The Akatsuki has begun to attack villages so I feel uneasy to be away from the village" Kakashi added while Gai supported him.

"I don't think you would be much help," I told Kakashi honestly.

"See you," Gaara told Naruto and it was awkwardly silent.

"Normally people shake hands when they say goodbye but I'm not good with this stuff so I suppose" Naruto stopped rambling when Gaara held out his hand.

Naruto took his hand and shook it and Gaara then held out his hand to me "I don't like handshakes" I told him honestly and he put down his hand with a sad smile "I like hugs" I hugged him surprising him.

He returned it and smiled at me when we separated.

We waved to them as we left and as we walked Kakashi and Gai were falling behind us slowly.

"I hope Shukaku is okay" I mumbled.

"He will be fine even if he dies he will eventually come back" Klaus informed me.

"Hurry!" Tenten demanded of Kakashi and Gai.

We heard a girly scream and looked back to see Kakashi on Gai's back "This is highly disturbing and not amusing at all" Klaus commented.

"Very" I started reading my book to distract myself.

"This is training isn't it!?" Lee yelled amazed.

Gai then ran through our group leaving us all behind "TRY AND KEEP UP!!"

"Neji?" Lee asked of him.

"I REFUSE!!" He rejected the piggyback ride immediately.

I got picked up bridal style "Can I?" Lee asked.

"Free ride sure I will take it" I shrugged and continued reading my book as Klaus sat on my lap.

"No Scarlett!" Naruto yelled but Lee was already running.

We got close to the village and I jumped out of his arms and teleported to the front of the village the guards looked up surprised but sighed in relief when they realised it's me and not some crazy guy.

"FIRST PLACE!!" Gai yelled right behind me there's the crazy guy.

"SADLY SECOND PLACE!!" Lee yelled as he arrived.

"Thanks for the ride Lee" I smiled at him.

"You helped me with my training so thank you," He told me.

"Lee you need more training and I have regrettable news Lee your fourth place!" Gai informed him and Lee fell to his knees screaming how.

"Scarlett got here before us" Gai was crying for some reason "Your the fastest person I have met" He put his hand on my shoulder and smiled I think he finds me as a rival now.