{Chapter One}

{Chapter One}

"News"

{Chicago PD: Bonus}

[Elena's POV]

All the chaos around me disappeared into the background the longer I continued to speak on the phone and so far, the conversation was going from bad to worse. Much worse. "I think it would be best to discuss what to do going forward in person, are you able to come to Chicago in the next few days? I'd like to get started with treatment as soon as possible,"

Letting out a shaky sigh, I looked up from my desk and towards Hotch, my boss, who was sat in his office, door left open, like it usually is, "I'll speak to my boss and see if I can get a few days off once I'm finished up with a case, I'll give you a call when I know," I said gently.

"That's great, make sure it's as soon as possible, and don't worry, we'll get through this, together," I wanted to scoff at the word, together, I'm the one who'll be going through this, not the person on the other side of this phone call, just me,

"Yeah, I know, thank you for calling me, bye,"

Placing the phone back down onto it's stand, I ran my hands through my hair and let out a deep sigh as I struggled to keep my drooping eyes from closing as sleep tried to take over. I'd been at work for several days straight and I'd only managed to catch a couple of hours of sleep in between taking phone calls and searching for leads on the case the team had been working on.

To say I was tired, would be an understatement.

A familiar voice caused me to jump at how close the owner had gotten to me without me noticing they were approaching, "Everything okay?" He asked, I smiled at the voice and spun my seat around to find Morgan stood behind me, a thin case file in one hand and a baseball in the other, he was tossing the ball up into the air and catching it in his hand smoothly.

Not wanting to explain what I had just found out until I'd come to terms with it myself, I simply shrugged my shoulders and sighed, "Not sure," I said calmly.

"Guys, we've got a lead on the identity of our unsub," Hotch announced from the doorway of his office, every member of the BAU that was spread out across the bullpen looked up at his words and began moving towards the conference room to discuss what he'd found.

{}{}{}

After Hotch explained the lead he'd helped Garcia uncover, we were able to figure out where the most recent victim was being held hostage by a serial killer who already had five bodies on his hands and none of us were prepared to let it become six. While we were strapping our vests into place and preparing to storm the house we had tracked the unsub to, Hotch spoke to the group of officers that were stood, waiting for orders.