{Chapter Eleven}

{Chapter Eleven}

"A Dead Kid, A Notebook And A Lot Of Maybes"

{Chicago PD: S3 Ep7}

[Elena's POV]

Slipping my boots on over my feet as quiet as I can, I quickly tie the shoelaces and froze when I hear movement from the couch, only to see Jay adjusting his position as he slept. We had both fallen asleep on the couch again after watching a few movies and sharing beers. I'd thankfully woken up from a long dreamless sleep without waking Jay so I decided to head out and leave him to sleep before we have to be at work.

I quickly wrote a small note telling Jay where I was going and grabbed my things before slipping out of the apartment without making a sound.

'All that army training pulled off' I thought to myself as I headed out of my apartment building and out towards my truck, I noticed Jay's truck parked across the street and smiled slightly, it's been nice spending more time with him, I just couldn't figure out if it meant more.

Ignoring thoughts that raced through my mind, I reached my truck and jumped inside, tossing my bag over onto the other seat. After barely managing to turn on the truck, I pulled out of the parking spot and starting driving towards the firehouse.

I had to speak to Kelly.

{}{}{}

"Hey, look who decided to stop by!" Capp said when he saw me walking in, I waved over to everyone on squad table who were playing cards and walked over, Kelly wasn't with them but it was nice to see all of them, "Been a while," Capp said,

"Yeah, it has," I said looking over at the card game they were playing, "Horrible cards, Capp," I said once I saw his cards, he sent a playful glare my way and I smiled, "As lovely as it is to see all of you, I'm looking for Kelly, is he in his office?"

"Probably,"

Nodding, I smiled at Capp who placed his cards onto the table and sent a playful look my way before I headed inside and through into the common room where everyone welcomed me warmly, no one from Truck was here, they were out on a call, as were ambo, so it was just Squad and Engine right now.

I made my way through the building and found Kelly in his office, I knocked gently on the door and saw him turn to see me, a smile forming on his face when walked inside and closed the door before exchanging a hug with Kelly,

"I didn't know you were coming by, I'd have made the guys cook something nicer for royalty," He said with a smirk, shaking my head with a laugh, I punched Kelly in the arm playfully, "What made you stop by this early, I thought you'd be chasing down serial killers or something,"