{Chapter Twenty-Seven}

"On the Warpath"

{Chicago PD: Bonus, Chicago Fire: S4 Ep18}

[Elena's POV]

A huff of annoyance left my mouth as I failed what I was doing for what felt like the millionth time. I dropped what I was doing down onto the dining table and sighed, "Chasing serial killers is easier than this," I said shortly,

Jay, who was stood in the kitchen pouring what will be my fifth cup of coffee today and it hasn't even reach ten in the morning yet, looked over and said,  "It can't be that hard, I thought you'd done this for JJ and Will's wedding a few years back,"

"I did but it was easier then and I wasn't on as much of a time restraint, the wedding is tomorrow, I had a week for JJ and Will's," I replied, "Who knew making Mouch and Trudy lookalike wedding cake toppers would be so hard, all my Trudy's turn out grumpy and don't even get me started on the Mouch's,"

"Isn't Platt's normal face grumpy?" Jay asked,

"I'm one of the few people who've seen her smile," I said gently, "I have known the woman my entire life remember, I'd be worried if I hadn't seen her smile at least once,"

"I've only seen her smile when talking to you," Jay replied,

I nodded, knowing he was right and looked up from the failed wedding toppers laid on the table and over to Jay who was poking around a tray of food I'd prepared for the wedding, "If you touch those, I'll hurt you," I scolded,

Jay turned around, pouting like a child who had been denied candy and it was funny but also cute to see him pouting, "Just one?" He asked sweetly, watching carefully as I got up from the seat I'd been glued to for a couple of hours straight and walked through to the kitchen.

"No, Trudy will kill me if even one is missing and she'll kill you by extension when I tell her it was you who ate it," I replied, taking the coffee cup Jay held out to me, the liquid inside was still hot, my favorite type of coffee, "But there are brownies in the fridge,"