{Chapter Thirty-Five}

"Demons Part 2"

{Chicago PD: S3 Bonus, Criminal Minds: S9 Ep24}

[Elena's POV]

Gunshots. That's the first thing I heard when consciousness slowly returned to me, my vision was clouded, a warm liquid was trickling down the side of my head and pain radiated throughout my body, isolating itself in my stomach. That's what pulled me awake.

I choked on the smell of gasoline and smoke filling the air and I scanned my surroundings, my heart racing as jumbled thoughts clouded my mind, the only clear thought that I could understand was: Where are Jay and Mouse?

My surroundings slowly became clear and I could the sandy landscape beyond the vehicle's windows. I turned my attention to inside the vehicle and found Jay, sat across from me, his eye glued shut, blood seeping through his clothes where some metal from the vehicle had embedded itself in his arm and side when we crashed... when we were ambushed.

Mouse, I found him beside me, blood pouring out of his mouth, dripping down onto his jacket, forming a large stain. His helmet had fallen to the floor of the vehicle and I noticed a large gash on the back of his head. On Mouse's right was Hastings, I wasn't sure if he was breathing but I could see he was in the same condition as Mouse.

"Mouse!" I said firmly, groaning as pain rushed through my entire body, "Mouse wake up!"

"Elena! Elena!"

"Elena! Elena! What happened!" I was pulled back to the present by Morgan's voice. It was quiet and barely noticeable through the police sirens coming from the police car now stuck to the side of mine. I narrowed my eyes at the front seat of the car and saw a police officer sat alone in the car, unconscious, his head laid on the steering wheel.

A small groan crushed passed my lips as my injuries began to reveal themselves, pain rushed through my left side, the side that took the biggest hit when the car crashed into me. I felt liquid running down my leg and glanced down to see a large cut along my thigh, caused by the car door dent inwards.

"Elena, can you hear me?" I searched for where I could hear Morgan's voice and managed to locate my phone, it had fallen into the passenger's footwell during the crash. 

Fighting through the pain, I pulled off my seatbelt and reached for my phone, I managed to grab it, but not before the pain in my leg and side became worse from stretching over. I let out a sharp, painful breath as I lent back into my seat and pressed my phone to my ear, "I'm okay," I managed to say, my voice hoarse and lined with pain, "Morgan, I'm okay,  get to the hospital, get to Reid and Garcia, I'll be fine..."