{Chapter Seventeen}

{Chapter Seventeen}

"Knocked The Family Right Out"

{Chicago PD: S3 Ep11}

{Elena's POV}

A wave of cold air hit my face as I stepped out of Hank's car, we'd turned up late to a crime scene, downside of having breakfast the other side of town, the place was surrounded by cops and up ahead Antonio stood waiting for us. I pulled my sleeves further down my arms and shivered, the cold weather getting to me more than it should. 

I headed towards Antonio and noticed Hank hanging back to take a phone call, shaking off my wonders about who could be on the other line, I turned away and walked over to Antiono, "Sorry we're late," I said gently.

"No problem," Antonio replied, "Family's Bill and Maureen Clifford. 14-year-old daughter, Carolyn," He explained, gesturing to the family gathered around the ambulance ahead of me being checked out. "Offenders came in last night and ransacked the place. All three reported splitting headaches and dizziness,"

"And they were home the whole time?" I asked curiously,

Antonio gave a small nod, "Wait till you see what they woke up to," He added before leaving me inside, I raised a brow at the complete mess of an apartment, "Somehow the family slept through the entire robbery," Antonio said, glancing back to me.

"I used to be a deep sleeper but this... woah," I said shaking my head gently and heading up a set of stairs to find Jay, Erin, and Al walking through the house.

"Father had a security camera system," Jay said to Antonio and I, "Could be something,"

We all gathered around the dining table and watched as the tech loaded up the security footage. I bit my lip and narrowed my eyes on the screen when three offenders walked all, all wearing gas masks, and began wrecking the house while the mother slept on the couch without being disturbed at all.

"What's with the gas masks?" Jay asked,

"We should get CFD down here," I said to Antonio who nodded in agreement.

{}{}{}

"14," Antonio said, letting out a heavy sigh as he looked at the photo of the Cliffords' daughter who we've learned was raped during the robbery, "Same age as my daughter..." Antonio pinned up the photo onto the board alongside the rest.

"All right..." Hank said looking over to Adam, "...so where we at, Ruzek?"

Walking over to the board, Adam pointed towards the security images as he spoke, "Three males, tech lab is triangulating height and weight based on objects in the residence,"