{Chapter Twenty-Six}

"Rabid"

{Chicago PD: S3 Bonus, Criminal Minds: S9 Ep18}

[Elena's POV]

The loud pop that followed the trigger of a gun being squeezed, was muffled by the headphones I was wearing. Morgan and I were having a friendly shooting match and whoever lost, had to buy the snacks for team movie night. I'd missed movie night over the last few months but I came back to DC to spend a weekend with the team.

When the magazine in my gun ran out of bullets, I placed my gun down onto the station in front of me and saw Morgan fire the last two bullets in his magazine before doing the same as me. I pulled my headphones and protective glasses off once the gunshots ended and pressed a button to get the paper person I'd shot pulled over to me.

"From this distance, looks like you'll be buying," I said playfully,

"Watch it or maybe I'll get the popcorn and candy I know you don't like," Morgan replied, turning to see the targets that had stopped in front of us, "Damn, looks like I am buying,"

A laugh escaped my mouth as I pulled the target from the holder and turned to the instructor who was stood behind us, observing our shooting, "You can frame this if you want, you know, for future generations," I said, the guy simply smiled and took the targets from us to throw out.

Morgan and I quickly reloaded our guns and slipped them into the holsters before making our way out of the range and across the federal grounds our office was located at. "Remind me again why I try and take on a former army rangers sniper," Morgan said,

"Because you think you can beat me, but you can't," I replied, pushing open the glass door to the building and letting Morgan in first, "Ladies first,"

"Very funny," Morgan said, laughing quietly, "Let's get upstairs before Garcia begins to worry and then yells at us for worrying her... after she's hugged us so tightly we might die,"

"From the hug or the scent of unicorns and rainbows?" I countered, pressing the button to open one of the two elevators but before the doors even opened, both our phones pinged, "Oh, how I missed that sound," I said flatly, watching as Morgan pulled his phone from his pocket and sighed, "We got a case?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, Wisconsin," Morgan answered, "You'll work the case from here until you head back to Chicago?" He asked,

"Or I could... come with you guys," I countered, earning a warm smile in response.