{Chapter Ten}

{Chapter Ten}

"You Never Know Who's Who"

{Chicago PD: S3 Ep6}

I pulled a flashlight out of my pocket and pointed it through the windows and into the house of a DOA Kim and her current partner came across in a park earlier, the guy was in a bullet and bomb-proof car.

Jay and Kevin got us through the door and we all quietly walked inside, I began looking around with Jay close beside me when a siren started going off and lights flashed everywhere, causing all of us to flinch at how loud the siren was. I winced at a sudden pain in my ears.

We quickly managed to get the power off to stop the alarm but my ears continued to ring, something that's been happening since the explosion. Walking down a hall, I paused when I saw a large iron door with a keypad beside it, furrowing my brows, I called the team over and Kevin got the door open with one of the many tools he had on his back.

"Woah," I said as we walked into the room, body armor was hung from one of the walls, photos on another of our guy with high profile looking men and women, "This guy was someone important," I said looking at the photos hung neatly on the wall,

"I'm looking at a million dollars here," Jay spoke up, pointing his flashlight towards a stack of cash laid out on the table, lights suddenly turned on, making a few of us jump,

"Back-up generators," Antonio said quietly, I noticed a button on the wall beside what looked like another set of doors and cautiously pressed it, everyone turns to face the doors now opening and raised their guns, Antonio found a light switch, set of lights which lit up the room showed us a long room, filled with guns, of all different types.

"What the frack,"

{}{}{}

I poured more coffee into my mug when another was placed on the counter beside me, Jay had placed the cup down, I could tell just by the sight of his hands, I poured some of the hot liquid into his hands when a shiver forced its way up my spine.

"You good?" Jay asked quietly, clearly noticing my shiver, I nodded and passed him the mug of coffee I poured him and Jay's hand brushed against mine,  "Woah, you're freezing, how's that possible, you're bundled up in a thick leather jacket and a long-sleeved t-shirt... my long-sleeved t-shirt... I haven't seen that thing in years,"

"I know, I stole it, half my clothes are still in boxes," I said with a shrug, "I'm cold because of the... um," I glanced over Jay's shoulder and saw no one around that could hear, "Chemo, it's one of the side effects, I got another load this morning, it's why I disappeared for a few hours,"