{Chapter Twenty-Five}

"Forty-Calibre Breadcrumb"

{Chicago PD: S3 Ep17}

[Elena's POV]

"I had nothing to do with Brianna's dispensary being robbed," Jason Logan, Brianna's soon-to-be ex-husband, said shortly once he realized why Jay and I were here.

"The dispensary wasn't robbed," Jay shot back instantly, "The cash drop I was in charge of was, and a man died," He added, anger lacing his voice

"You think I'd pull an armed robbery for over 1/4 mil and show back up here for a shift?" Jason said, brow raised while his hand gestured to the metalworkers behind us.

"We know you're suing her for alimony in your divorce settlement," I replied,

Jason shrugged before looking between us and saying, "I admit, there's no love lost between me and Brianna, I mean, the whole idea for that dispensary was mine,"

"Oh, okay, so you think you got squeezed out of a business deal that would've put you in a much higher tax bracket? Maybe that's why you bought the bugs that we found in Brianna's office. That's illegal wiretapping," Jay said, showing Jason the papers that told us he was the one that brought the bugs found at the dispensary, "More importantly, that means you heard our cash drop routes to the bank, So along with your partners in crime, you're looking at a homicide,"

"Whoa, I didn't bug her office," He said defensively, "I hired a P.I. to help me with the alimony case. He's the one who's watching Brianna, to get her to pay up for sexual abandonment,"

Jay and I exchanged a confused glance, neither of us having any clue what this guy was talking about, "For sexual what?" I asked,

"Abandonment. I wanted her bugged 'cause I knew she was cheating on me," Jason explained,

"So this P.I., he's monitoring the calls?"

"Listen..." Jason scoffed and shook his head, "I maxed out my credit cards 'cause he promised me I'd get a better settlement if he found dirt on her,"

"We're gonna need the name of this P.I. And until that checks out, we're detaining you down at the station," I said shortly, gesturing for him to get up, he did without protest and turned around, I reached for my cuffs before realizing they were at the station, "You got cuffs?" I asked, Jay nodded and handed me his cuffs instantly,  "Thanks, Jay," I said as I tightened the cuffs around Jason's wrists.

"Your first name is Jay? Jay Halstead?" Jason asked,

"Yeah, why?"