{Chapter Twenty-Three}

"The Cases That Need to Be Solved"

{Chicago PD: S3 Ep: 16}

[Elena's POV]

I closed my car door and shivered when a sudden cold breeze hit my skin, I pulled my coat tighter around my body as I started walking away from my car, "Hey," I called out to Antonio who had arrived at the crime scene at the same time as me, "How was Diego's birthday party?"

"Well he loved the cake, thanks for making it," Antonio said before sighing, "But we got in a mini-fight because he wanted a video game bus for his birthday and I said no,"

"He'll get over it," I replied with a shrug, "I got over Hank throwing me a party every year and I hate them, especially surprise parties," I added just as we reached Kim who was walking away from the crime scene, a sadden look covering her face, "What's going on?" I asked her,

"It's... it's horrible," Kim said before walking away,

I shared a concerned look with Antonio before walking towards some of the team who were gathered around the body. Once I saw the body, I understood why everyone around here was acting the way they were. The body was of a young boy, he looked like he was only six or seven years old and there were three bullets in his body.

"Tender-age black male. Executed," Hank said quietly, "One shot to the head, other to the chest. Third was in his back... 9 millimeter,"

"There's no signs of a struggle, and no signs that he was restrained," Erin explained,

"Maybe he knew the assailant, and they led him back here,"

I looked over the boy carefully, my mind racing with thoughts and I pushed down the feelings that were growing and focused on figuring out who could've done this, "Whoever did this, they'll have no remorse for what they've done, they'll probably even laugh when questioned about the shooting, this could be gang related, the kid might be related to someone in a gang, the relative pissed off the wrong person and this was relatiation," I explained as I placed the blanket back over the young boys body, shielding him from prying eyes.

"You've seen things like this before?" Erin asked,

"I wish I could say I hadn't," I replied sadly,

"Let me through. Let me through!" A woman yelled, we all looked towards the voice and saw a woman pushing passed the officers to try and get passed the police tape,

Roman, who was the other side of the tape explained who the woman was to us, "Guys, this is Lauren Brooks. I think she's the mom," He explained, Antonio nodded, giving the clear for the woman to be let passed the tape and towards us.