{Chapter Nineteen}

{Chapter Nineteen}

"Hit Me"

{Chicago PD: S3 Ep13}

[Elena's POV]

"Have you spoken to Adam since..." I trailed off and looked up at Burgess who was eating the pancakes I'd made for us. She'd stayed over the last few nights, not wanting to be alone at her apartment. I was fine with it, I enjoyed the company.

"No, I don't know how, y'know?" Kim said quietly, she hadn't spoken much since she broke it off with Adam and part of me felt responsible because of my conversation with Kim about Adam but I didn't press on it, not wanting to upset Kim anymore than she already was.

"I get it," I said calmly, "Just talk to him at some point, I mean, you work in the same district and you often help out Intelligence, once you get up into that bullpen, you don't want things to be awkward between you both," I explained before turning around to pour myself another cup of coffee and make Jay one since he'd be returning to the apartment any minute.

"I was actually going to ask Platt to sign off on a district transfer," I quickly spun around at what Kim had said and saw by the look on her face she was serious, "It's going to be too difficult to see him at work every day, I already feel guilty about calling it off,"

I put my cup of coffee down and looked over at Kim, a frown tugging at my lips, "You shouldn't transfer Kim," I told her softly, "Yes, it'll be hard seeing him at work, but it'll get better with time. I get where your coming from with wanting to transfer, trust me, I do, I've dated a few guys I've worked with myself but I didn't transfer, you wanna know why?"

Kim looked up at me, listening carefully as I spoke, "I didn't transfer because being a woman, it's hard enough, and if you transfer because of a break-up with a guy, it'll follow you around. You, not him. For the rest of your career," I explained, "And Kim, you're going to have a really bright future ahead of you, I know you will. You'll make it to Intelligence and be the best detective out there because your empathetic, your bright and you think of everyone else before yourself,"

"The guilt and the awkward feeling you'll feel when you see Adam, it'll fade," I told her gently,

"You promise?" Kim asked,

"I promise," I replied with a smile, "And please don't leave me in that testosterone filled precinct, Erin, Platt and I could do with your girl power staying in the precinct," I chuckled, earning a genuine laugh from Kim just as the front door opened and a very sweaty Jay entered the apartment.

"Hey, there any coffee-"

"Already poured you a cup," I said before Jay could finish his sentence.