{Chapter Eight}

{Chapter Eight}

"Debts Of The Past"

{Chicago PD: S3 Ep4}

[Third Person POV]

Flames continued to dance around the frame of the car. Voight's ears continued to ring from the sound of the explosion as he slowly came around from the shock, quickly moving to his feet, Voight ran around the car and found Justin looking over his son and wife, comforting them. Daniel continued to cry while Olive pulled him to her chest and Justin wrapped an arm around her before looking up to his father and then looking around the area.

"Where's Elena?" Justin asked, quickly noticing his cousin's absence. 

When Voight realized he hadn't seen his niece after the explosion, he quickly ran to the other side of the car and saw his niece on the ground, unconscious, pieces of glass and metal ripped through her clothes, blood seeping out of the wounds. Panic rushed through Voight as he raced to find a pulse and after a moment he found one, barely. Small, painful breaths escaped the blonde's mouth in an uneven and unhealthy rhythm.

Voight pulled his phone from his pocket and quickly dialled 911, "This is Sergeant Hank Voight, badge number 32419, I need a 10-1 at 2069 West 14th place, I've got an officer down, I repeat, officer down, 2069 West 14th place,"

{}{}{}

Maggie placed the phone down and looked around the busy and recently opened ED, searching for the doctors she needed for the incoming case, "Alright people, we got CPD incoming, one of their own, caught in a car explosion, Will, Reese, April, trauma three," She called out to the doctors and nurses before heading over the ambulance bay.

The ambulance finally arrived with a full police escort and the doors flung open, Brett jumping out with Chilli running to help pull the gurney out, "Will, it's Elena," Brett said once she laid eyes on the red-haired doctor, "Head trauma, glass and metal up her back from the car explosion, unresponsive since we arrived," Brett explained as they pushed the gurney towards the trauma room, Will taking in the information, "Intubated en route,"

"Maggie, call my brother, tell him about Elena," Will said quickly, worried about how his brother would react, "Call up to radiology and tell them we need a head and neck CT,"

"On it,"

{}{}{}

"Elena shows no sign of a brain or spinal injury, her head wound was superficial, as were eighty percent of her back wounds from the glass and metal," Will explained to Voight and Jay who were both still stood in the waiting room, hours after initially arriving, "However there are some more severe wounds from the glass and metal which we're currently in the works of treating, the biggest thing we're watching right now is Elena's lungs, she's not breathing for herself and there is internal bleeding,"