{Chapter Thirty-Three}

"Angels Part 2"

{Chicago PD: S3 Bonus, Criminal Minds: S9 Ep22}

[Elena's POV]

"How do you know Matt Cruz, Sheriff?" Hotch asked Sheriff Coleman, the man that asked for our help, he was leading us through the small precinct, this was the only police station around for miles, the town was rather small and had a small population compared to most of the places we go to for cases like this.

There were cops scattered throughout the entire place and there were others out on patrol but most of the ones that were here, glance over at us for a second, nod respectfully before going back to whatever they were doing before they saw us.

Beside Sheriff, Coleman was Deputy Vicky Lorenzana, she seemed very perky and curious but something felt off about her, but I just shrugged it off and put my off feeling down to not having a good few days, "He and I worked a few cases when he was working out of the Dallas field office," The Sheriff answered as we stopped in the most open space in the precinct.

"So which serial killers that you guys caught were the scariest?" Lorenzana asked brightly, her Texas accent thickly lacing her voice.

"Vicky," Coleman scolded firmly,

"It's ok," JJ said before looking towards Lorenzana, "Cases involving kids are the toughest,"

"Oh, sure, of course," Lorenzana said with a nod but it wasn't hard to see she was hoping to get some crazy serial killer story.

"Where would you like us to set up?" Hotch asked, getting back to the case,

"Right here," Coleman said, pointing to an empty area of the room we were in, there was a long table, large enough to fit the whole team and a crime scene board that was very full with photos, papers, "And we got the boards right over here,"

"Oh, that's--that's full," I said carefully, JJ raised her brow at the board but didn't comment.

"Well, the whole force wanted to work on it. We've had bad people down here, but we've never seen anything like this," Lorenzana explained,

"But we'll be following your lead on this one," Coleman clarified, "You have our best men, agent Hotchner. How can we help?"

"Have any of the family members come in yet?" Hotch asked,

Coleman nodded and pointed behind us to a young woman sat alone on a seat, her eyes glued to the ground, her hands were tightly wrapped around the handle on her bag, like she was holding onto them for dear life, "Uh, Carrie Lawson, Abigail's sister," Coleman informed us,