{Chapter Thirty-Four}

"Demons Part 1"

{Chicago PD: S3 Bonus, Criminal Minds: S9 Ep24}

[Elena's POV]

"Morgan!" I yelled in an attempt to get him to open his eyes, I continued to fire at Mills as he moved towards the back of the diner, he fired back but missed all his shots. The door behind me open and JJ entered with an officer beside her. I glanced over at Morgan and saw he was slowly coming too and he wasn't shot anywhere deadly, there were two bullets stuck in his vest and a small wound on his arm.

"Stay with him," I ordered the officer before taking off after Mills with JJ two steps behind me, we managed to catch up with him out the back of the diner but even when we called out for him to stop, he just kept running through a series of alleys and backyards.

Jumping smoothly over another fence, I landed on the ground and spotted Mills running through a run down and beaten house and was quick to follow him, JJ not far behind, after following him through a house where there were several men taking drugs, I caught up with him completely when he entered a condemned looking building.

I raised my gun and moved down a tight corridor carefully and in the corner of my eye, spotted Mills on the other side of a small hole in the wall, he fired at me and I winced when a bullet scraped against my cheek, an inch to the left and I would've lost an eye.

"Son of a-" I started firing, the bullet flying through the wall and the bullets hit his chest, sending him to the ground, bullets hitting the ceiling as he fell. I walked around a corner, JJ coming around another corner, we watched as Mills' body laid motionless on the floor, the four bullets in his body had killed him quickly.

Footsteps approached us and I turned to see Lorenzana and a few others had found us, "We got this covered. One of yours is in bad shape,"

"Let's go."

{}{}{}

"Elena, you need to get me out of here," Morgan said quickly when he saw me enter his hospital room, a nurse was bandaging up his upper arm to cover the stitches he needed to stop his arm from bleeding. Wires were attached to his body and what they were reading was shown on the machine stood beside his bed, everything seemed normal, from what I know from my own personal experience in hospitals.

"Morgan, sit back, shut up, let the nurse do her thing," I countered, "You're not leaving until the doctors say you can go," Morgan went to speak but I stopped him, "No! Don't argue with me!"

Morgan let out a sigh and relaxed in the bed, letting the nurse wrap his arm without any more trouble and she finished it quickly, "How's Reid?" He asked once the nurse left the room.