3 | s h i l m a z l

shilmazl.
(n.)someone who is always unlucky.

"So what's a pretty girl like you doing here alone?" Ivan tries to strike a conversation

"Minding my own business." I immediately bit my tongue and regretted saying that.

Great going Hazel, just for once can you not be rude?

Whatever.

I tried to concentrate on my book but I could feel his eyes on me.

Was he checking me out?

"Staring wont give you the power to see through my clothes." I stated with a mixture of bold and bored expression.

He gave one of his amazing smirks. Amazing? What's wrong with you Hazel?

"How about you grant me that power?" He proposed. At first I blinked my eyes in confusion but as soon as my brain processed his words I could feel my cheeks heat up. I quickly hid my face behind the book in embarrassment.

I hate it when the confident me had something which the shy me has to deal with later. Ugh.

"You know for some reason, I was feeling a little off today." He smiled sadly. I was this close to pity him but his next line made me gag.

"But when you came along, you definitely turned me on." He smirked. Such a player.

He got what he deserved, silence.

"Was your dad a boxer?" He asked.

"No, why?" I asked in confusion.

"Because damn, you're a knockout!"

I groaned.

Yep. I am going to puke soon.

"Would you grab my arm, so I can tell my friends I've been touched by an angel?" I couldn't help but smile at that cheesy pick up line.

"Did the sun come out or did you just smile at me?" I laughed at this one.

"You don't leave any chance to flirt?" I inquired.

"I do, just not with a stunning girl like you." He grinned.

"Well Ivan I would have stayed to hear more of those cheesy pick up lines but I have a school to go." I explained.

"Wait. How do you know my name?" He interrogated.

"Let's keep that a secret, shall we?" I teased.

"Okay." He trailed and then added "But hey at least tell me your name."

"Nope."

"Yo. That's not fair. Just a name!" He pleaded with a pout. I gave him a teasing smile and left the cafe, the smile still plastered on my face.