28 | l a t i b u l e

latibule.
(n.)a hiding place; a place of safety and comfort.

)a hiding place; a place of safety and comfort

I couldn't sleep.

Tossing all night, my head was filled with unnecessary thoughts. Overthinking is never a good quality, it's like a maze. Once you get in, there's no going back.

As a child whenever I would have a sleepless night, I would always wake my parents up. They never complained though, Mum would make us some milk and cookies while dad would read a story to me. Even after Justin, they both tried their best to continue this 'tradition' but Justin was a tough child. He would cry the whole night, something I hated a lot. Then my mum and dad would take turns, sometimes mum was up taking care of Justin while Dad took care of me, and sometimes it was the other way round. They were literally the best parents I could ever ask for.

I sighed, deciding to get up and do something about my situation before my mind bursts out. I slipped out of the bed quietly and tip toed out my room.

I don't know why I was standing in front of his door, but deep inside I knew he was the only one who could calm my mind right now. I knocked a few times on his door.

"Hazel?"

Ivan's calm and refreshing green eyes looked at my hazel ones. He stood there, shocked and confused definitely not expecting me at this hour. Pushing my way inside, I plopped myself down on his bed.

"What happened?" He asked, his voice a little gruff.

"I couldn't sleep." I replied meekly, looking down embarrassed. I waited for him to say something, or at least approach me but here turned around and made his way towards the bathroom.

Panicking I did something wrong, I took a hold of his hand without any hesitation.

"C-can you stay with me?" I stuttered pathetically and looked at his beautiful face.

"Of course I can my angel, I just thought you would be uncomfortable with me not wearing a shirt." He mumbled under his breath, looking down, not letting my hand go.

It was now when I took notice of his half naked body. I sucked in a sharp breath as his shirtless torso was exposed to me. Gawking wouldn't quite describe my state. Even though it was my second time seeing him "half naked", I was still shocked and amazed by his physique.

"I-it's alright. I am okay with you being like this." I said, my cheeks reddening in embarrassment at my words.

Truth be told, I was more than okay with him being like this. He was quite an eye candy.