34 | v e r n o r e x i a

vernorexia.
(n.) a romantic mood inspired by spring.

) a romantic mood inspired by spring

"This place is so beautiful."

I exclaimed, looking around in awe. The cafe tables in their rich deep browns, the calm music, the cheerful chatter and the fragrances- it was perfect.

 The cafe tables in their rich deep browns, the calm music, the cheerful chatter and the fragrances- it was perfect

Ivan took a seat across me with a proud smile

Ivan took a seat across me with a proud smile. He has been nothing but a gentleman today, well if we exclude his horrible singing.

"I'm glad you like it."

I placed my bag beside me and grabbed the menu, flipping through it. There were so many options, and all of them looked delicious.

"How do you even choose? It's like choosing who's the hottest man in vampire diaries. It's impossible."

Ivan let out a small chuckle, looking at me with amusement. "How about a little game. We both can order for the other, since none of us know what's our favourite, we can just make a wild guess and order."

"Hm, that sounds nice, but what if you order something I don't like at all?"

"Then I guess we can later on puke in the dumpster. It'll be our little after date party." he teased me with a little playfulness in his voice.

"That's the dream." I sighed dramatically.

We placed our orders secretly, making sure the other couldn't hear anything so that the food will be a complete surprise. I ordered a bagel with cream cheese topped with smoked salmon and salad. I don't know how to explain it but this dish kind of described his personality.

"Have I told you how incredibly beautiful you look today?" Ivan said smoothly, “ I don't think so. My apologies, you look absolutely stunning." His compliment had caused my cheeks to heat up, as I mustered up some courage to say thank you.

"You look great too. And I love your smile, your dimples are beautiful."

He broke out into this huge grin and then looked away from me all embarrassed. I swear I heard him gasp. I bit the insides of my cheeks softly as I realised I had the same effect on him as he had on me.

Soon, our eyes met, and I felt a little more confident. His green eyes looked at me gently. I never knew eyes could be this soft. His eyes were like a maze, you couldn't help but get lost in it. I didn't look away and neither did he. There was this sense of calmness, a sense of comfort. I felt safe and happy.

Our staring contest didn't last long as the waiter came back with our orders. I was the first to look away, curious to see what Ivan had ordered for me.

Belgian waffles with strawberries and powdered sugar.

It wasn't something fancy, in fact it was very common and simple but it surprised me. He knew me well, he knew I liked everything sweet- the waffles were dipped in chocolate. So were the strawberries. It was basically a dentist's nightmare.

We talked and learned more about each other, enjoying the delicious food infront of us. Ivan said he did like my choice but I don't really know if he's lying or not but then again who cares. I was very much satisfied with my waffles.

It's true, the way to a woman's heart is through her stomach. Good food and good sex, both works in this case.

______

"Would you rather always say everything on your mind or never speak again?" Ivan asked, licking his vanilla ice cream cone.

"That's easy, I would never speak again. My mind is full of weird thoughts, can't let a person know everything I think. I would die of embarrassment." Ivan let out a small laugh and gave me an amused look.

We were done with the brunch but Ivan had suggested they could use some ice cream and how could I say no to that? So here we are holding our cones of ice cream, of course my cookie dough was way more delicious than his vanilla ice cream. All the other flavours are better than plain vanilla.

It was getting harder for me to stop myself from kissing the fu*k out of Ivan. I have been subtly touching him here and there, I have also been flirting a lot. I could see Ivan getting all red whenever I touch him or flirt, but I don't think he minds it at all. He's been giving the same energy back, holding my hands, complimenting me. Everything was perfect but I was craving more. All I wanted was a kiss.

I want to make a move but what if he's not comfortable yet? What if he doesn't like how straight forward I can be? What if he thinks I'm a pervert? Which I am, but he doesn't need to know that, especially not this early.

But all my doubts vanished when I saw the little smudge of ice cream on his face. Taking a deep breath in, I cupped his cheek with my free hand. He froze as I slowly grazed his lower lip with my thumb.

I had to tilt my head back slightly to look up at his face. He looked at me intensely, I knew my face was flushed but I didn't even dare to look away. The longer he stared at me, the more I craved him. His dark hair was tousled, fell down his brows messily. His lips were parted, his chest gently rose and fell. Everything inside of me wanted to kiss him, to feel those soft lips against my chapped once again. Suddenly his eyes flashed, like he understood what my eyes were practically begging him to do.

He finally leaned down and captured my lips with his.  He wraps his hands around my waist, pulling me closer. I gasp into the kiss and he presses harder. His lips were on mine, hard, urgent, fervent, consuming and dominating all my senses. I kissed him back with equal fervor. He gently bit my lower tongue, asking for entrance. Without thinking, I just let him rediscover my mouth. My eyes remained close the whole time, not wanting to miss out on anything. I don't know how to explain but I could feel him, feel him through the kiss we were sharing.

When Ivan pulled away, we were both red and breathing heavily. He looked at me and then down and smirked. "What" I looked at him. He doesn't answer instead he just leans down and pecks me on the lips.

"Be mine?" His sudden question made my eyes widen but even though I was surprised, I knew the answer.

"Yes."

A/N- She said yes, SHE SAID YES!!! I'm so glad how much these two have grown though, makes my heart so full ahhhh! Also double update YAY

DATE: OCTOBER 22nd, 2021.
NUMBER OF WORDS: 1140.

DO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE PLEASE!

THANK YOU FOR READING!