4 | a k r a s i a

akrasia.
(n.)lack of self control.

As I calmed myself down, I took a deep breath and exit the washroom

As I calmed myself down, I took a deep breath and exit the washroom. The first class was about to end so going to the class now is fucking stupidity. Also I don't want to embarrass myself anymore. I silently walk towards my locker and take out the books for the next period, Literature which happens to be one of my favourite subjects. At least it is interesting and so much better than maths.

I heard the bell ring and groan. Sam and Sia look at me with amusement while I glare at them. Soon the hallways are filled with smelly and sweaty students. Ugh. Some glance at my direction and snicker, probably thinking about the prank pulled on me. I throw daggers at them and start walking fast. This time I let Sia enter the classroom first while I follow her. Can't take anymore risks.

Sia and Sam sat together, not that I object while I take the seat in front them. It's better if people stay at a distance today. I am much more snappier than usual.The teacher walks in with a huge grin and I open my books, ready to take notes. I wasn't nerd but of course I cared about my grades. Just before the teacher could start the class the door bursts open. I look up only to meet those familiar green eyes. I quickly avert my gaze.

"I don't have the energy and time to ask where you were so just take a seat." The teacher said with a boring expression.

My heart skipped a beat when I heard him clear his throat, again.
"Excuse me?" He asked in a hoarse voice. I could practically hear the breathtaking smirk in his voice.

Breathtaking? Seriously Hazel? Get a hold.

I looked up and I made sure I had my stern face on.
Talking my silence as an answer he proceeded to talk.
"Is this seat taken." Even though I had planned not to reply at all I still opened my mouth to say something because I am not at all sitting beside this devil spawn.
"Yes." I hissed.
He cutely scrunched his eyebrows up in confusion, a pout taking place instead of a smirk. He looked.... disappointed?

Don't do it.
Don't do it.
Don't do it.
I said don't do it Hazel.

"No you can have it." I say, defeated.

Damnit. I told you not to do it didn't I?

Immediately he had that adorable grin plastered on his face.
He quickly took the seat beside me.
"I knew you couldn't resist me." He boasted.
"Shut the fuck up." I snapped.
"No need to get all riled up cupcake. I am just stating the truth."
"Don't make me regret my decision." I grit my teeth in annoyance. He clearly got the message that he shouldn't mess with me anymore so he left the conversation there.

Thank God.

The first few periods were dreadful

The first few periods were dreadful. Either someone was giving me the 'disgusted' looks or the 'funny' face. I wasn't really looking forward to lunch. But knowing my best friends I know they'll force me to come with them.

Why am I friends with them? Remind me again?

"I don't wanna go." I whine.
"Oh. Shut up you big baby nothing will happen. Let's go!!" Sia yelled making me cringe.
Geez. I am pretty sure even the people in the other half of the world have heard her.

She grabbed Sam and me and proceeded towards the cafeteria. As we entered a lot of people looked at us, some whispering. Must be busy informing everyone about the prank.
Can't they just get their own lives?

We took our usual seats and Sia started gossiping about she who shall not be named. Actually, truth be told I don't know her name. Sia needs to get her own life too.

Sam being the sweet friend he is brought us our food. As I popped one of the fries in, I caught a certain someone's eyes. He was looking at me, his intense stare causing a shiver run down my spine.

Okay don't freak out Hazel. Don't look there. Just concentrate on what Sia's saying. I am sure whatever she is saying must be interesting.
"- that new lipstick shade has got me smitten." Yeah. Maybe not so interesting.

To get rid of that intense stare I decided to leave. I also noticed Sam forgot to bring my coffee so I excused myself and made my way to the line for food.
Why the hell is the line so huge today?
Ugh.

Suddenly I felt someone breath near my shoulder. I quickly spinned around which resulted in me losing my balance. I expected the cold ground to catch me but instead I was greeted by the familiar handsome face.

I think you all very well know who I am talking about.

His touch send a jolt of electric current in my whole body, making me squirm.
"Careful there cupcake." He said in husky tone.

Fuck. Me. Lord.
That was so hot.

Shocked by my own thoughts I quickly regained by posture coming back to my feet.
I quickly muttered a thank you to which he nodded in return. I gave the lunch lady the money for the coffee and turned around only to almost fall down again. He held me again this time.

"You're really clumsy aren't you?" He said.
"None of your business." I snapped back.
And here comes the smirk.
"You're my business cupcake." He came closer and whispered near my ear.

Ever heard of personal space bro?

Not knowing what else to do I quickly pushed him and tried to walked past him. Tried being the keyword as he got a hold of my wrist preventing me to move.

"Leave." I said referring to my hand which he has gripped tightly. He smirked in response and the glint of determination and stubbornness evident in his eyes.
"I said leave." I said in a calming warm tone.
He still didn't reply or made any move.

I finally lost the patience and dumped the whole cup of coffee over him.

Oh and by the way. Don't worry the coffee wasn't hot.

A/N- so where was I for the past 10 days? I was crawled up in my blankets thinking how the hell I was going to finish the huge pile of projects waiting for me

A/N- so where was I for the past 10 days? I was crawled up in my blankets thinking how the hell I was going to finish the huge pile of projects waiting for me. Why do schools give projects? Don't they have anything better to do? I don't know about them but I have something much better to do, like binge watch 13 reasons why or watch another episode of friends. On that note, what's your favourite series? Also do share your views about the chapter and don't forget to press that star button.

DATE: SEPTEMBER 15th,2020.
NUMBER OF WORDS: 1120.

DO VOTE SHARE AND COMMENT PLEASE!

THANK YOU FOR READING!