31 | n o v a l u n o s i s

novalunosis.
(n.) the state of relaxation and wonderment experienced while gazing upon the stars.

) the state of relaxation and wonderment experienced while gazing upon the stars

"Wow." I said, giving out a content sigh. To say the stars looked beautiful would be an understatement. The  sky was like a stage for the stars. As the stars twinkled and shined brightly the sky was as dark as coal. They were a perfect contrast. The darker it got, the brighter the stars shined.

"How did you find this place?" I asked out of curiosity, "I mean the only quiet and lonely place i ever found was a library and this is some really extraordinary and cliché shit."

"I know. It's very cliché, but I didn't find this place. My parents actually met here." Ivan smiled, "Growing up we always used to come here for little picnics and just to sit around and play. This place has a lot of memories. I also used to come here to just think or cry during the hard times."

"Hard times?" I turn my head to look at him and narrow my eyes. The air around us changed from sweet to serious very quick. He awkwardly runs his fingers through his hair, biting his lip. I could see how nervous he was, and understood that it might be a serious conversation he wasn't ready to have.

"It's okay if you don't wanna say." I assure him, interlocking his hands with mine.

Damn his hands are so wet.

"No it's okay I do want to say. I trust you." I stare at him as he fidgets uncomfortably. I tried my best to not smile but the moment I heard he trusted me I couldn't help but grin like a child who just got a candy.

Taking a deep breath he started talking.

"A year back I was in a relationship with this girl, her name was Kate. She was smart, beautiful and confident. I liked her alot so I asked her out on a date and we started dating. She was my first girlfriend."

"Let me guess she cheated on you?" I asked the first question that popped in my mind, without thinking. I've read enough books to now how it usually happens.

"God I wish." He chuckled sarcastically, "It was actually way worse for me, I think. At first I was happy with her. I thought I got the best girl in the world and she cared about me so yes I was happy. Or atleast I thought I was. Later on I started noticing how she was always picking up on me and blaming me for things that were out of my control. Whenever I tried to talk to her about my feelings, about my problems she would brush me off. And sometimes when things got hard and I cried she always used to just shut me down. According to her I was too weak to 'be a man', her words not mine."

"Wow so she was basically a f*cking bitch? Do you have her address or something I can just go and kill her. That bitch is better off dead." My voice started rising as anger filled me to the core.