Battle brings only pain

Luke's POV

We ran out of the cabin with our armor, weapons, and hoods. The campers had gathered in battle gear at the bottom of the hill and were fighting legions of monsters. We ran to help the campers were falling left and right. "So much death." Murmured Nico as we ran. When we finally arrived we immediately started in. The romans soon joined as well at loss without their leaders. Reyna and Frank ran over and appointed two people for now until they could properly choose. The battle raged onward. Demigods falling left and right. I looked to the top of the hill and saw Hyperion, Atlas, and Polybotes. Wait if Atlas is here who's holding the sky? I cast that thought away and resumed fighting. I looked over to Zale. Her eyes full of pain, sorrow, and fear. The only other time I had seen her like this was on one of our missions. The mission had gone all wrong. Me and Zale were captured and I had just taken a beating.

Flashback

I looked up weakly to see Zale with pain, sorrow, and fear all over her face. That was scary. Never had I seen her like this. In fact she hasn't cried since I died. She looked about ready to weep. They dragged us separate ways and I could hear her scres of protest and the sound of her chains clanking as she struggled. The next time I saw her she had busted out and over to me following shortly behind her were Jason and Percy. They got me out and we ran.

End flashback

I saw her knees wobble and her arm slightly drop. She was having trouble.

Zale's POV

I looked to Luke wishing he'd stayed from the battle like I asked. A few nights ago I saw his death in a dream. I begged him not to fight. Yet there he is. All this death was killing me. I saw it all just before it happened and all the promises they were breaking or not fulfilling. Like ones to take his girl on a date on friday or another's to be safe for his mom. Pain was racing through me. I felt like I was being burned alive and all my bones broken. My knees wobbled and shook my hand dropped slightly and I knew Luke saw. His face had turned pallid. His eyes shone with fear and worry. Then another death another broken promise. I collapsed sinking down to my knees and screaming in pain. My vision went black. Nothing had ever hurt like this. Not the Styx. Not the time all my bones were broken. Nothing compared. I begged silently Luke wouldn't run to me. If he did he would drop his sword and then he'd die. A hellhound would come and take a massive bite out of his side. I wouldn't be able to save him from the very thing he saved me from. Time slowed and not by Luke's doing. I heard the clatter of a sword. I wanted to cry out but I couldn't. I felt arms shake me and begged I wouldn't see and the weight of his arms left me and my vision returned. Luke was struggling with the hellhound but I couldn't move. The hellhound took the bite. I crawled over to him cradled his head and said "Oh gods, gods no please. Please not again. I won't lose him again." I put up a shield until the battle finally ended. It dripped and I almost collapsed but I held on Luke still lived. "Please Luke. Please. Don't die. I can't lose you again." The alpha team, beta team, and remaining camp counselors gathered around. My friends tried to comfort me. "Luke if you die...so help me I will tear the underworld apart." He weakly whispered " I...lo..love...y...yo....you." I struggled to form words and instead started to sob. I barely choked out "please don't leave me Luke. Please. Not again." "Did you just call him Luke?" Annabeth asked. Then I had an idea. "I may not be able to change his fate, but I can change mine." I said.

Storm's POV

As soon as I heard those words I knew her plan I wanted to stop her but in the blink of an eye the scene changed and Zale lay beside Luke injured and bleeding. "You bloody idiot." I said. "Sorry," she whispered with her last breath. Hera appeared next to her and whispered something. Zale's body and Luke's dissapeared. Then I looked around someone was missing.

Where is he?