Chapter Five

Natsu's POV

I feel like I'm on fire and normally that is just whatever, but not now. I feel like I'm being cooked alive in my own skin. I wake up gasping for air to find Lucy just out of reach. Is she okay? I reached over, the moment my hand touched her it was like dipping into a cool pool. Without thinking I pull her closer and when I'm about to let her go she pulls me in closer.

"You're finally awake!" she yawned happily squeezing me in a hug with both her arms and legs. I should pull away but everywhere she touches feels like the warm sun; friendly and welcoming.

"How long was I out?" I ask her curious why she was so clingy but not wanting to ruin it.

"About three days, you kept screaming out my name anytime I let you go though. It made going to the bathroom quite uncomfortable." she teased me poking me on the nose before running her fingers along my face.

I couldn't help leaning into her touch but I also couldn't help wondering why she was so touchy. She was never like this, I'm not complaining. I just want to know how to get her to do it again in the future. I let out a sigh as she moved to my neck again gliding her fingers along every bit of skin they could.

"That's cute," Lucy laughed.

"What?" I'm both confused and happy by her words only to see her turn bright red, instead of hitting or kicking me though she tried hiding her face from me as she continued to rub down my shoulders. The feel of her hands gliding down and around my shoulder blades a blessing like no other. She still didn't answer as I moaned leaning into her pulling her closer, praying she didn't stop.

"You really like this?" she asked almost to quiet even for me to hear.

"I have never felt anything more amazing in my life," I purr in her ear. I felt as shivers ran through her as my breath seemed to tickle her. I licked along the very edge of her ear just to hear her gasp. It took a moment for me to realise what I just did and when I did I started to pull away. "I am so sorry, Luce. I. I. I..." I didn't even know what else to say.

She just smiled and to my surprise she pulled me close again having never released her legs from mine all the while. "It's okay, Wendy told me you might do some weird things but that you kind of needed it."

"Wendy?" I am so very confused but I love sinking back into her arms anyway, relaxing.

"Yeah, when she said that I asked her about, well the hickey you gave me. She actually smiled at that can you believe it? Anyway she said that that would probably be exactly the kind of thing you would do and not to hold it against you. You can't help it."

She sighed happily. "I was really upset thinking that you hated me when you found out you were kissing on me but Wendy said you would only do it if you felt complete trust in me, even in your sleep."

She giggled a little before whispering really sadly, "I was really worried you were ashamed of it."

I pull her in breathing in her scent, "I thought you hated me for it. I was so... The thought that I could hurt you..." I couldn't finish my sentences but I didn't have to Luce just hugged me like everything was going to be alright. And in that moment I believed it.

"Come on you need a bath, Happy brought you a pair of swimming trunks to change into so I could stay with you." Her giggly voice whispered in my ear. "And if you're going to keep sleeping with me you have to be clean."

Just what did Happy and Wendy tell her? I'm not complaining though, I smile and look down to find Lucy already in a light pink bikini and my vest and scarf gone. I raised an eyebrow at her and she pointed to both folded neatly on the chair in her room. Still confused but okay she leaves a hand gripping my shoulder while she turns around looking away, even weirder but I change anyway.