Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N Happy Forth if July! I hope you all have a better day than me today, in-laws am I right? ANYWAY Even with it being a holiday I just couldn't skip the chapter this week. It's about to get heavy. Sooooo here is my love! 💃

Natsu's POV

When we finally got home all the kids were already in bed asleep. We thanked the spirits for watching over them while we were gone and were about to close their gates when Virgo bowed getting our attention.

"What's up, Virgo?" I asked when I realized she wasn't going to say anything on her own.

"How did you two know how to use Celestial Wings?" She asked after straightening her back looking at us again.

I thought about it for a minute and realized I didn't know. It was almost as natural as using my own fire dragon slayer magic, second nature. I didn't think twice about using it and when I saw Luce do it, it was like I already knew how to. I shrugged and turned to Luce. She looked just as confused as I did.

"I don't know, I just did. Why?" She finally answered after several minutes.

Virgo looked at Capricorn and Aquarius giving a very distinct impression that something was wrong. Scorpio looked just as confused as I felt though.

"Why did you use it?" Aquarius asked next instead.

I smiled remembering our date as Luce told them of how our ice skating turned into dancing under the moonlight high above the trees at the park. To say I was rather proud of myself for the whole thing would be an understatement. I couldn't help the grin on my face as I pulled Luce into my arms and snuggled into her neck. Fuck, I'm getting all sappy again. The last time this happened; hmmm I wonder... But I shooed the thought away at least for now.

"Okay, out with it. Why does it matter?" I asked, getting tired of all their glances and no one actually answering Luce.

"Celestial Wings is a very high level magic spell, only very few, very rare celestial keys have ever mastered it." Capricorn was the one who finally answered.

"Wait so who knows how to use it? A couple of the Zodiac or the Sins?" I asked feeling a bit bummed they didn't show us before now.

"Neither, the keys are far rarer than either." Aquarius answered. So there are even more powerful keys out there? Damn.

"The King or Queen?" Luce asked only to have them all shake their heads no.

"So we are just awesome huh?" I cracked a grin that made Luce smile. Mavis I love her smile.

"Goodnight, your majesties." Capricorn said while bowing prompting the others to follow suit before they closed their gates.

Lucy's POV

I am so tired. We went straight to bed and the following day was met with our kids' daily silly antics. We did our usual routine but we ended up not going on another actual mission for several months. I think it's just because Nashi and Luke were so young, the thought of being too far away from them was a torture all on It's own.

We were currently planning a trip to see Lisa and Kathy and were considering taking a mission in the area. After all, why not? Assuming there would be one at all of course.

Natsu and I left Loke and Aries to get the kids ready and we're finally going to the guild for the first time since the babies hatched over six months ago.

"Hello!" We greeted as if no time had passed at all. We actually got a few surprised greetings back as we walked to the mission board.

"Found one!" Natsu cheered it was a simple supply mission, healing flowers. Hmm didn't we do this one already? Oh well. I smiled nodding in agreement. Natsu's arm was already comfortably around my shoulders, just like before when nobody knew. Not overly intimate, just his usual friendly self. I can't help thinking about how lucky I am that he is not just my mate but my best friend too.