Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N Okay, so I won't be able to update on Saturday due to plans. (Mostly binge writing so rest easy.
ᕦʕ •ᴥ•ʔᕤ ) So instead I'm going to update today! Yay! I hope you all are still enjoying the story.
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

Natsu's POV

So before Aquarius could actually hurt Luce I decide it's time to pick a mission. I sling an arm around Luce's shoulders steering her towards the mission board. If we didn't leave soon the last train would leave and then we might as well pick one for tomorrow instead.

Luce kept looking over her shoulder and I glance back to see Aquarius holding one of the babies and Scorpio holding the other while Tidus and Melody tried to drag them out the door.

"Hey, don't leave until we pick a mission. Who knows maybe we will end up waiting until tomorrow to go!" I call out and see their disappointed faces making me pout. "Hey don't be like that!" Which only succeeded in making Tidus and Melody laugh.

"Why do they hurt me so?" I act all dramatic clutching at my chest like I was having a heart attack. Which succeeded in getting a laugh from Luce. Good she was starting to relax a little. We get to the board only to find one night time mission and it was way too far away.

"Sorry Luce, we can still go on a mission tomorrow though, we could probably even leave tonight if you like?" I suggest and we look at a few others. But honestly my heart wasn't in it. My instincts were telling me to stay here with our babies.

"Arg! It's like we can't even go!" I burst out and before I know it I'm trying to put out my own flames. "What is the matter with me?"

"I think it's because they are so young still. I see a couple missions I would have liked to go on but my body seems to be screaming at me if I just think about taking one of them." Luce mutters.

"So it's not just me. But the price? Can we pay it?" I ask her only to see her shrug. "Maybe we should just stay home for a couple weeks? We could just use a barrier when it comes to the price?"

Luce seems to let out a sigh before snuggling into me. "We just might have to do that."

"What price are you speaking of?" Erza asked, she was just suddenly there. How can someone wearing armor all the time sneak up on people like that?

"Sorry, we probably shouldn't tell you that." I answer stretching arching my back.

"Mommy Daddy! Can Aquarius and Scorpio still stay tonight?" Tidus asked and I look over to see him and Melody looking like they were about to cry. They were obviously listening in on us.

"Of course! How about Mommy and I go on a little date tonight and you all can play together for a few hours? Then maybe we won't feel so yucky?" I walk over to them and Luce follows. I pick up my boy and he cuddles into my arms and Melody reaches up to Luce and she does the same with her.

"Yucky?" I hear someone ask. Come on people don't put me through all of this now! I wanted to scream in my head.

"Mommy and Daddy feel yucky whenever they don't work for too long." Melody answered whoever it was that asked in the first place before reaching for Aquarius again. But she refused to hold her while holding the baby instead of getting upset though Melody just held her hand happily.

I was forced to put Tidus down as well and he held Scorpio's hand. "I'm starting to feel like I was thrown away here." I pouted before Luce grabbed a hold of my arm, making me smile again.

"Natsu, you know it's just because they were so excited," Luce sighed laying her head on my shoulder. I think she is getting sleepy maybe I should make a barrier and we could get some rest?