Chapter Twenty-Two

Lucy's POV

Poor Natsu still isn't able to keep my spirits out for long periods of time without getting sick yet. I rub his back as he finally pulls himself together again. "It's time." I tell him and he stands up washing his mouth out. We take our places in front of the whole guild and watch the doors as they open Capricorn enters with a group of men all tied up and drags them to the side. This of course gained a lot of attention from our guild mates. We continue to wait and Yuri and Lee come in with the more interesting people shackled together and shoves them to their knees in front of us.

"So which one of you decided to put a target on our babies' backs?" I asked, raising an eyebrow; my head held high, Natsu to my side holding a similar posture.

"Don't be ridiculous we put out a wanted poster for Sofia and Rudolph Pietra. They are a married couple that we tracked to an island some ways away." An old man spat at us.

I could feel Adam's magic spilling forth so I snapped my fingers and he was next to me in a moment. The giant lion must have been quite intimidating because they started swearing and begging for their lives. I snap my fingers again and he coughs up the three men he swallowed a few nights ago. They sat there almost uncaring and just looked up at Natsu and I.

"Are these your men?" I ask the still dry men.

"Yes, but..." I held up a hand interrupting them.

"You," I point at one of the men at random. "Who were you chasing?"

"Melody and Tidus Dragneel." He answered unflinching, without a care in the world.

"Why?" I asked him as I started to feel my rage build again.

"We were hired to find a lost magic stolen by Sofia and Rudolph Pietra, their birth parents. We believe that they used the magic on their children in the hopes of resurrecting themselves after death."

"What is this lost magic?" I demand my heart nearly stopping at the thought of my babies being hurt.

"Using the blood of a family member they can grow new bodies within their bodies, it is a dark magic that should never be used. It will tear the host body apart when they are 'reborn' again," He answered in a monotone voice.

"Is there a safe way to check if this is the case?" I questioned them.

"Only by dumping enormous amounts of magic into their systems, most would not be safe."

I looked at Natsu letting out a relieved sigh, "Then we have nothing to worry about."

"When they were adopted by dragon slayers it would have cleared that magic threshold easily." Natsu smiles. "The lost magic was destroyed. Leave our kids alone."

"How can you be so sure? If you were even just a hair short they could die because of the curse magic." The dry man in shackles demanded to know.

"So now you admit to putting a target on my babies?" I asked my voice colder than ice. I look down at my grip and find that I froze part of the bar countertop and it had crumbled in my grip. Must be Adam's magic, his seemed to be connected to rage so it could go between fire and ice quickly.

I sweep the mess away ignoring it for now. "The council will hear about this! Mark my words." I look back at the seemingly leader of the group and waited to see if he had more to add.

"That won't be an issue, you see we already have three of the four members of the council here." Master sighed and for the first time I saw them sitting at a table drinking tea, they must have heard the whole story that we had told because no one had come or gone since we had woken up.