Chapter Twenty-Seven

Natsu's POV

Oh Mavis I'm all fired up! I've been following Luce around like a puppy and everyone in the guild has noticed. Now that they all knew we were together I would occasionally hear them laughing about how dumb they were not to have noticed before it was literally shoved in their faces. 

They watched as Luce started putting up barriers behind the guild and she even gave them a dark blue tint so anyone could see them and super tall poles at all four corners and she put another flat barrier at the top, connecting all the pieces together. Then I summoned Aries so that Luce could conserve some of her magic and she put what looked like ropes made from her pink wool around all of the poles. 

Then up on top of the top barrier high in the sky Luce used something like chalk to draw lines all along the border. The thing was though that instead of it being white it looked more like our celestial wings, like stardust. When she was done I can't help attacking her and swinging her around in my arms. 

"This is going to be so great!" I shout, the whole guild was watching and frankly they kept looking at each other like we were crazy. So I summoned Griffin and whispered what I wanted and he did it. He made bright orange stadium seats level with the platform so they could all watch the match tomorrow.

Lucy's POV

Natsu is almost too cute with how excited he is over all of this. It's only a match after all and it's not like we haven't had some practice matches in the park before. Just this time it will be a real match like the grand magic games had been. 

The old me would be terrified of the idea of actually fighting Natsu. Now though after all the training over the years not even including all the time we spent together in a barrier I am excited. I wonder which one of us will win? 

Wendy had been gushing about how amazing the fight was going to be. We kept telling our guild mates that even she hasn't seen us go all out in over a year and back then it was amazing. She did not tell anyone about our interrupted fight from a few months ago. The one she had gotten hurt trying to referee. Of course we didn't tell her that we hadn't started to seriously fight yet at that point. We were still in the warm up part of the fight when that  had happened. Honestly that might have actually scared her if she knew that. 

We finally went home to rest planning to have our match before lunch tomorrow. I looked over to see Natsu practically bouncing with excitement after I made sure all the kids were asleep. 

"Do you need me to put you to sleep?" I asked him giggling teasingly. Instead of answering though he jumped up creating a barrier before picking me up bridal style and jumping into it. 

Natsu's POV

It was time for us to get ready for the day. We had spent so much time in a barrier last night that I should have been able to forget about our match entirely but nope. So much for that idea. We got the kids together and ready for the day and if it was possible they seemed to be more excited than I was. They finally get to see which one of us is stronger, Mom or Dad. Of course I already know that it is Luce because let's be honest she could easily kick my ass if we only used her magic. Forget about the fact that she has learned mine and Wendy's too. Well for all I know she could have learned more. She is always studying something.

We take the kids to the guild hall and before I can even kick the door open Melody and Tidus run inside screaming that it was finally time!

"Mommy is going to kick Daddy's butt!" Melody tried to taunt her brother. 

Instead of defending me he just nodded all sage like and added, "The real question is how much stronger is Mommy?" 

"Hey! Luce!" I looked at her as if she was the one who put them up to it.