Chapter Seventeen

Natsu's POV

It didn't take long to realise we would have to get supplies quickly. Between us, Luce and I would both summon a spirit to watch our little angels while we left on different jobs during the day and hopefully returned that same night. Most of the time we would try to budget two days so that Tidus and Melody were never disappointed.

We had plenty of money and after about a month of us going on different jobs nearly everyday. Then we started just going on jobs once a week instead so we got to spend plenty of time with them. Luce always looked so happy too, Mavis really did look out for us.

We loved taking them to the park and would often spend a couple hours a day there playing with them. Somehow we never saw any Fairy Tail members around. We certainly didn't hide them, most of the grocery store staff knew them by name. Trying to spoil them when we weren't looking. Life is good. The seasons changed as time passed us by. The kids adored winter, spring, summer and fall was nearly over it should honestly be winter again but it was warm this year.

Luce and I were setting up our picnic and I looked up to see Melody playing with another little girl, Tidus close by waiting for her to come back.

"Melody, Tidus; it's time to eat!" Luce called out getting their attention.

"Mommy! Can Kathy join us? Please." Tidus asked his eyes big when he did.

I can't help laughing and Luce giggles a little. "If her mother says it's okay then yes." She told him and he ran back to Melody and the little girl and then I saw another lady before they all came back.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see her ask them and we..." She started but trailed off when Luce handed her a heaping plate of food.

"Like the wife says, it's time to eat." I laugh winking before Luce kisses me having already set three plates on the blanket for the kids. We actually had a good bit of fun talking and eating under the shade of an old tree. "This is the life," I sigh, having already finished my plate and had handed out juice boxes for the kids and handed a clean glass of tea to the woman. Her name was Lisa and she was a single mom. She was having a hard time and from the smell of her and her daughter they would have gone without today if we didn't hand them their plates.

It was really cute when Kathy asked for more at the same time as Tidus and Melody did. Her mother was so red, if I had to guess she was probably embarrassed. "Good, because we have way too much!" I told them all as I filled all of their plates again, including Lisa's.

"I can't thank you enough," the woman said quietly when the kids went back to playing nearby in the clearing. From the sounds of it Kathy was showing Tidus and Melody how to braid the dry grass to make bracelets.

"Don't think anything of it. But if you really want to thank us you could take the left overs with you." Luce tells her and I wink at the woman. She was startled but then nodded a small smile on her lips when she did. I can't help smiling at Luce.

"I'll return the basket as soon as I can. Where should I return it?" She asked and she looked pretty determined about it too. I guess she was kind of proud.

"We are members of Fairy Tail so if you want you can just leave it with the barmaid Mira that will be okay, just tell her it's for Natsu or Lucy." I say as I lay my head on Luce's lap as she started playing with my hair.

She seemed a little shocked at that, "You're members of Fairy Tail?"

"Yep!" I answer and Melody and Tidus come back with Kathy and they give us each friendship bracelets to wear. "Who are the best kids ever?" I asked, grabbing Melody and Tidus and tickling them on the ground.