Chapter Twenty-Eight

Natsu's POV

I crouched down ready to attack him the moment he entered the guild. While Luce put up layer after layer of barriers to protect our guildmates from the rot that is good magic.

"You are not welcome here!" I growl at the blue man standing just outside the door. "How many people died just from you coming here? You reek with the stench of death," I couldn't help the growl that laced my words.

"Oh come now all I did was walk here. I didn't touch anyone. Surely you can't fault me for that?" The blue man smirked back at me, he still hasn't come inside.

"We asked you a question answer it!" Luce demanded from behind me putting up more protections and safeguards to try and keep Fairy Tail safe. I could see both Laxus and Gajeel panting on the ground trying to steady themselves. Dragon senses are not helping them at all. The smell of death seems to be overwhelming them. I glanced over at them just in time to see them hurling while on their hands and knees. I light fire to surround the innermost barrier to try and prevent the scent from teaching them on the other side.

"Very well, I was careful. Although a few ended up sick no one actually died after all that would only serve to ignite your wrath and as interesting as that would be to see. It can wait for now that is." He gave a creepy smile. "Just like now even with all of your spells if I were to actually step inside your guildhall they would all die, so for now I will stay outside. Although it is a good idea to use fire to keep my scent from reaching the other dragon slayers. Kudos."

"What do you want?" I hiss fighting the fog that was starting to over my mind. I won't be able to fight at this rate.

"I want to watch your match. Don't worry my time here is limited, once I am out of time I will simply die. My body will rot into nothing so you won't even have to try and bury me. I have truly come in peace. I Just want to enjoy my last few hours on this earth. Nothing more, nothing less." He sighed looking me in the eyes.

"What will this cost us? Your kind of magic comes at a cost. Do not try and pretend that it doesn't." Luce asked, growling herself. He smiled at her making me snarl reminding him that I was here as well.

"Sorry, I just can't believe she is both as beautiful and intelligent as I had heard. I wonder if that means she is as strong as they say as well?" He coughed and I see a little blood on his hand. Disease seemed to radiate off of him making the hair on my neck stand on end.

"Answer the question?" I snarled still ready to attack at the slightest indication that he was hostile.

"Well, you would have a real fight no handicaps. Don't worry it doesn't have to be to the death by any means," he laughed as if we had actually considered it. "But I do have the rules right here and if you follow my rules there will be no other cost for my soul to pass on. Otherwise well," he looked past us and I turned to see Wendy standing in the doorway to the infirmary and I see our kids hiding behind her. Shit, the door opens in not out.

"Are you threatening our family?" I asked him, the dragon force enveloping me as I felt my mate's magic nearly knock me over. I could just barely see her using both dragon force and her new celestial emperor dress, which is a combination of her king and queen star dresses and by far her most powerful one. I could feel my fire dragon king force raging around us as flames surrounded us.

"You have children?" He seemed in awe of the very thought. The fire surrounding us erupted and it was as if the pits of hell had opened up and were spilling forth out of the guildhall and the blue man was just getting hit with it and taking it as if it were the slightest of breezes which seemed to shock him more. "I can feel your heat?" He said actually reaching out and into the inferno that was our wrath. He looked back at us in awe before he seemed to shake the thought away. "It has been so long since I have felt anything at all and to feel both heat and even fear, thank you." He started crying, smiling as if we had just given him the greatest joy in life.