Chapter Twelve

Lucy's POV

I know Natsu feels guilty for just ripping into our friends the way that he did. After all, we are mated and if they would have come looking for us they would have seen us very hungry and naked devouring each other. Only Happy and Wendy got a pass and that was because they were trying to give us space for me to say yes even bringing supplies for us; Wendy food and Happy clothes.

We couldn't however hide from them so now that a couple weeks have passed us by we were heading to the guild again. Wendy's birthday party would be in a week and I didn't want it to be awkward if I could help it. Natsu kicked the door open like usual and we greeted everyone like nothing happened going straight to the mission board. Thankfully now that a few weeks have gone by it was littered with interesting missions again but at the same time none of them really appealed to me.

I look at Natsu and see that he isn't really thrilled either. "Hey Natsu, you want to just take a vacation? We did only just heal from the last one, we could use a break." I smiled when I saw him doing the same.

"That sounds great, but let's see if Happy and Wendy want to go?" he asked and I nodded happily. Already planning to have Loke and Virgo unpack all the presents and decorations while we are gone. Like the rest of the dragon slayers she didn't know when her actual birthday was so she celebrated the same day as her Exceed, Carla, just like Natsu did with Happy and now that Gajeel had Panther Lily he did the same.

"Wendy! Happy!" I yelled out laughing as I did, but neither came. I frown and walk over to Mira and ask where they are.

"They went on a mission with team Nats-" she cut herself off before starting again. "With the rest of your team. They should be back anytime now." She answered sadly, she tried to smile for what it was worth but I'm afraid that Natsu's words a few weeks ago were still hanging off everyone's minds. I refuse to let Natsu apologise though. He has every right to be upset with how they just ignored him. Regardless of how it turned out.

"Okay, then when they come in could you tell them we want to see them? We will be at the park for a while I think." I smile as if nothing was wrong, like my smile could just make everything better again.

She gave me a small smile and agreed and I turned leading Natsu out of the guild hall. "Time for the park!" I cheer hooking elbows with him, smiling for real this time when I see him. We laughed and talked like we were an old married couple not caring what anyone thought. If anything they probably thought we were just trying to get through each day as normal as possible. Ignoring the fact that we held onto each other tighter or closer. Ignoring the fact that Natsu and I actually were happy and not just smiling to try and fake it. I never realized just how much our guild mates ignored what happened right in front of them before. Now I can't stop seeing it.

We chased each other around the park playing silly childhood games like tag and then we would spar a little just to keep our blood flowing. It was actually starting to get late, the sun was setting and we were watching it seated from a little hilltop as I leaned into his arms, finally relaxed again.

I sigh happily, as angry as our friends made me they were still Fairy Tail. They are still family. "I guess we should just let it go now." I snuggle into his shoulder before pouting, "But you're not allowed to say sorry. You didn't do anything wrong." He chuckled a little, kissing my forehead before agreeing.

"Natsu, Lucy!" we heard Wendy call out from behind us after a while and a good ways back behind us. We had laid down on the hilltop and were watching as the stars appeared in the sky above us, seemingly one at a time. We jumped up and wave for her to come over. When she finally arrived she had both Carla and Happy with her neither of which would look us in the eye.