Chaper Eleven

Lucy's POV

Natsu is being bad again, hearing his purrs was almost enough to make me forget about Laxus passing out across the cabin from us. But I was good, for now anyway. When the train was slowing down I hissed at him telling him everything I was going to do to him when we were alone again, making sure that even Natsu had a hard time hearing me let alone Laxus if he were somehow awake. 

He grinned and dragged Laxus off the train for us, the man was still out cold, and he dumped him on a bench. Natsu didn't wait two minutes before getting a bucket of cold water and dumping it on him. Which was so great. I was on the ground heaving silently trying to breathe from laughing too much. Laxus just looked at us in a no nonsense kind of way but the fact he looked like a drowned rat just added to the comedy of the whole thing. 

We finally found him somewhere he could change into dry clothes and when he was done we went to the clients house. He told us a story about how the monster looked like a large black shadow that could hurl rocks and lava at people and even the town. We thanked him for the information and Natsu and I split up talking to a bunch of different people and gathering information. 

When we found out that it all pretty much matched what we were told from the client we formulated a plan. Laxus was just outside of ear shot and was closing in when we high five, leading the way to the volcano. Thankfully this monster stayed in one place. We scouted the area and when we found out that most everything that we were told was true with the exception of its size. It was probably a good 10 meters taller than we were told. But that didn't really affect the plan. 

"Are you ready?" I asked Natsu who nodded and Laxus took a seat as if he were in for a show making me roll my eyes at him. 

I summoned Griffin and put on his stardress before mounting him, making Laxus raise an eyebrow at me but he didn't say anything. When I took off Natsu stayed behind waiting for the signal as I made my platform barriers where I wanted them to be. I summoned Sagittarius and placed him on one where he could shoot arrows close enough that Natsu could grab them. 

On another I placed Aries and gave her instructions to blind the thing using her wool once I shot a single flaming arrow straight into the sky. It wouldn't last long not if it used the lava to melt it away but it should give us our opening. Once I was in position I looked to where I left Natsu where he was waiting for the go ahead. 

I called forth my bow from my Sagittarius stardress and lit it with a blue flame before shooting. It was time. Ares dropped the extra large pink wool blanket on its face, surprising it and Natsu shot himself into the air like a cannon slamming straight into the monster with a fire dragon's iron claw attack. I made it rain down arrows until I was out and then using my wings from the stardress I was already in glided towards the now blinded monster gripping Cancer's duel swords in my hands. 

The fight honestly took far too long but we were doing okay until he figured out how to see again. The same trick did not work twice. I ended up closing both Aries and Sagittarius' gates because he ran out of arrows as well. I knew I couldn't keep Griffin's gate open so he put up one last barrier blocking the giant from hurling either lava or boulders towards the town and I closed his gate. I need a new plan, but the only other thing I had was Lust and Envy, at this point I had taken a lot of damage and I'm not sure if I twisted an ankle or not but now is really not the time for it. 

I summoned the duel sins and used their combined stardress, I could hear Natsu screaming for me not to do it far down below but it was already too late. My body now the same inky black as their wings and tails I looked like I was only wearing a black leather knee length skirt with a slit almost all the way up my hip, my top appearing to be completely bare was actually covered with a skin tight black snake skin, the white of my eyes and the blond of my hair a matching fiery scarlett that put Erza's hair to shame it almost looked like it was actually made of fire the way it lights up around me.