Chapter Twenty

A/N So I'm still not able to concentrate to well from the accident but I'm not on any meds anymore so I figure I could at least edit and post a chapter. I will try to do at least one chapter a week until the story is finished but my next book will be delayed a bit I think. I hope you all enjoy!

Lucy's POV

"Mavis, I needed that!" Natsu exclaims stretching now in the middle of the guild.

"Wendy, is there still a good size bath tub here? Never mind we will just go home. It's time." I smile at the younger slayer.

"Really! Oh Mavis I can't wait to meet them." Wendy cheered.

"Who?" Erza asked, being completely ignored by us.

"Griffin could you stay with Tidus and Melody while we take the babies?" I asked him.

"Of course, your highness." He bowed his head to me.

"Wendy stay with him just in case, we have to go home now," I tell her getting a nod in response.

"ARG!" I double over clutching my belly.

"Time to go then," Natsu sighed, picking me up princess style. "Give me a minute, we'll be home in no time." I nod wincing as I did, but to my surprise he called for Cancer and had him run home to get things ready for us. Apparently they had made plans just for this kind of thing.

"What the hell is going on?" Gray demanded but I didn't have the energy to answer him.

"It's okay Luce. Everything is going to be perfect, I promise." He seemed so proud of himself, I couldn't help smiling before the next wave hit me and I was crying in pain. The next thing I know Virgo is there holding our eggs and I heard people murmuring to themselves. But I caught a glimpse of Gajeel and his face was frozen in shock and almost as pale as paper. Natsu quickly and carefully carried me out of the main hall ignoring everyone as he did.

"What is going on here?!?" Gray was screaming until Master put a hand on his shoulder.

"It looks like we will find out soon enough," he tells him. I caught a glimpse of him eyeing Gajeel as the doors closed behind us.

Our babies will hatch the same way I laid them, in boiling hot water with us. I couldn't help the screams of pain ripping themselves from my throat as he rushed us home and into the tub stripping me and placing me in the tub which seemed to soothe the pain somewhat before laying our eggs next to me and Virgo left again before he could strip himself and join me holding me tight in his arms as my screams resounded, bouncing off of the bathroom walls. He tried to hold me to keep me from thrashing too much and possibly hurting our eggs but it seemed like I couldn't control my own body.

I will never be able to tell Natsu how much it meant to me that he was there. The way he whispered reassurances in my ear as he kissed my neck trying to calm me down or at the very least prevent me from getting worse.

"Natsu!" I screamed as the first egg finally cracked. It was the fiery orange colored one. The resulting sound was like a rolling thunder and easily overshadowed my screams. The second egg, the one that looked like the stars above our heads cracked within seconds of the first.

"Natsu, I love you." I whispered as the pain finally subsided a bit. I lazily lift my head to look at the cracked eggs next to me. I picked them up and Natsu and I watched as our babies broke them apart before crying in our arms.

"Nashi and Luke." I sigh out loud as Natsu helped me situate them so they could breast feed.

"Nashi Dragneel and Luke Dragneel, it's about time you two came out to meet the family." Natsu whispers nipping at my neck, kissing on my mark. The motion relaxes me as I lean into his strong arms, our babies sucking hungrily in my arms.