Chapter Nineteen

Lucy's POV

I wake up to Erza shaking me gently and I yawn stretching before feeling Natsu's grip around me tighten. "Natsu it's time to get up." I tell him and he starts getting up too.

"I think it's your turn though..." He snuggled me before he curled up back to sleep again.

I smile and let out a sigh, "Okay then I will just tell them that you wanted to sleep more than see them."

"Hey that's no fair!" He called out jumping up before looked around. "Oh." I couldn't help laughing at him as he realized where we were. "Man, I'm getting old." He complained as he stretched.

Even Gray and Erza laugh at that and we exit the train. They don't seem to understand half the things that we talk about, but that's probably because we are not being blatant about it, well maybe we are. I'm honestly starting to get tired of the fact that all of our friends are so oblivious. I pull out my keys as we are walking and tell my spirits that we are stopping at the guild for a while and then we would come home. They were happy to hear it and told our kids the good news. I don't know if they were more excited to get more time with them or that they could make the kids happy by telling them, probably both.

We get to the guild and Natsu kicks the door open and yells, "We're back!" Many of the guild were surprised to see us all together and greeted us like old times, some almost shyly and others with enthusiasm. Wendy came running and hugged both Natsu and I, making most of us laugh.

We went to the bar and Mira came up smiling and asked if she could get us anything. "Strawberry milkshake," Natsu and I said at the same time and we laughed. He hung an arm around my shoulders relaxing as we sat at our old table like no time had passed at all, we watched and relaxed in the noise that was our guild. We all talked and laughed like old times, it really was great until Natsu and I jerked standing up letting our chairs fall over. The guild falls silent as we do, everyone staring at us wondering what was going on.

We stare at the door and clear as a bell everyone hears, "Mommy! Daddy!" The next moment Tidus and Melody came running in tears streaming down their faces. I felt rage fill me at the sight as Natsu and I ran to them and some men came running in wearing black hoods that covered their faces.

"Give us the little thrives! They will pay for their crimes." The one in the center demanded.

"They are children, what crimes could they commit?" I demanded before seeing the red welts on Melody's and Tidus' arms and legs. "Where did these marks come from?" I demanded. I could feel the rage spiking in me, if I wasn't careful it would flare out of control. "Natsu." My voice was flat and deadly and so low that I doubt anyone without dragon hearing could have ever heard me.

"I have them, don't worry." He answered, taking our babies and backing up quickly, leaving me standing in front of them blocking their path, as our kids cried into their fathers chest.

"What did you do?" I demanded I could feel as fire erupted around me.

"Those two are wanted criminals, you should stay out of it." He said dismissively.

"You dare leave welts on MY BABIES and then tell me to stay out of it?" I screamed at him outraged. My body was completely covered in fire that whipped around as if it were being fanned by the winds of hell. "Open gate of sin, WRATH!" I call out not holding a key and having never made a contract with him I was almost relieved when a lion the size of an elephant appeared his coloring changing like an opal as white and blue and purple shined in his coat fluid as any liquid.

Next to him sat a tiny tortoise shell calico cat and they handed me their keys. The Lion, wrath, stepped forward and his flames erupted off of him as my rage fueled him. He then ate all three of the men whole. I know they were fine for the moment, not quite understanding how yet. They would be tortured in his stomach and when he was finally done he would cough them back up like hairballs. The calico cat was the sin of sloth.