Chapter 6 : Rescue

Issei PoV
The sky is already dark, and it's already time for the street lamps to be on. The five of us, Regina-san, Raina-san  Kiba, Koneko-chan, and I, are examining the Church from a place where we can see it.

There is no one entering or exiting the Church. But the closer we got to the Church, the stronger I started to have a bad feeling. I'm sweating from all over my body.

When I ask Kiba, he says that, "From this presence, it's certain that there is a Fallen Angel inside".

So the enemy's boss is inside.

"Are you nervous? Fufufu" Raina-san asked with a teasing voice. Ever since we left she really liked to tease me.

"Well... a bit."
Kiba then showed us a map.

"Here, look at this map." saying so Kiba spread out the map of the building on the road.

The map of the Church. Where did he get if from…?

"Well, it's basic when you are going into the enemy's territory."

The good looking guy makes a smile.
Wow, what swift support. I didn't even think about it and was trying to get in head on. I realised how naive I am once again.

"Besides the sanctuary, there is also a dormitory. The sanctuary looks
suspicious."

Kiba points at the sanctuary.

"So we can ignore the dormitory then?"

"Most likely. Most "Stray Exorcist" groups usually make some alteration to the sanctuary. They usually perform suspicious rituals under the
sanctuary."

"Why?"

I told him my doubt. Kiba makes a bitter smile. However before Kiba could answer Raina-san answered me.

"Its a representation of their hatred towards God. Places such as churches are places they used to respect and by doing something that rejects God there it makes then satisfied because it's an insult to their former Boss. Because they loved God, Because they were rejected by Him. they purposely cast evil spells under the sanctuary as a representation for their hatred." (Raina)

They are insane. No, even the God who cast away his faithful believers is at fault.

Right now I hate God because of the incident with Asia. That's why I think
that way.

"The sanctuary is located right behind the entrance. I think we can go
straight in. The problem is to find the door to the basement once we get in
the sanctuary, and also if we can defeat the assassins waiting for us." Said Kiba while the rest of us nodded.

Hearing the word assassin made me start having a bad premonition.

We look at each other in front of the Church while the moonlight lit our
face, and then we nod to each other.
We are set!
Now we only have to enter!
Wait for me, Asia!
We passed through the entrance and went straight for the sanctuary.
The Fallen Angels will have noticed our intrusion by this point.
So the enemy knows that we have entered their territory.

There's no going back. The only thing left is to head straight in!

We open the door, and stepped inside the sanctuary.

There is an altar and long chairs. It looks like an ordinary sanctuary. The
candle lights and the interior lamps lit the sanctuary. There is something that didn't seem normal.

The statue of the person on the cross. It has its head destroyed.
What a creepy site.

*CLAP*  *CLAP* *CLAP*  *CLAP*