Chapter 22 : This time I'll take her back!

Regina's PoV
The situation is the worst possible one.

Currently Issei and the others are running towards Rias' direction. However Ravel who still survived from Issei and Kiba's attack appeared and blocked them.

Seeing Issei and the others trying to go to help Rias, Ravel attacks using her flames separating them as they dodged.

Among the three It was only Issei that managed to get through as Koneko and Kiba decided to stay and fight Ravel.

Kiba then yelled for Issei to go and help Rias while he and Koneko turn to face Ravel.

Issei who heard Kiba hesitated for a bit before running towards Rias. Arriving at the place, Issei saw Rias locked in combat against Riser as she was being supported by Asia's long ranged heals.

Seeing this he immediately went to help and fired a long ranged attack. Which Riser dodged and responded by shooting flames towards him.

Issei seeing the flames, remembered his training with Nanashi as he easily dodged the incoming flames.

It appears that Nanashi really trained him hard eh? For him to be able effortlessly dodge attacks like that in just a couple of days. He must have really done some hard training.

However it was then that the situation took a turn for the absolute worst possible scenario as Issei finally reached his limit.

[Burst!]

Issei then almost fell onto his knees and looked extremely exhausted. It appears that the boost given to him has faded and his body is now feeling the after effects from the continuous fights he had up until this point. However what followed after, dealt an even greater blow for him as their team got pushed deeper into the pit of despair.

[Rias Gremory-sama's "Knight" and "Rook" retires.]

Hearing this Issei grits his teeth and stood in front of Asia and Rias.

Asia heals his injuries and tries to lighten his exhaustion however it takes more time to do so.

Riser seeing this sent out more flames towards them which Rias tried to block but failed to do so and was sent flying back.

Issei seeing Rias hurt stood back up to protect Rias and tried fighting against Riser. However what followed after was cruel as Riser played with the exhausted Issei beating him up with countless attacks as he falls to the ground.

Each time Issei falls he would always stood back up with undying resolve and only his determination pushing him.

Seeing Issei continuing to stand back up Rias tells him to rest, saying thay its fine but the latter refuses and proceeds to stand up once more as Riser sent another attack forcing him back to the ground.

Rias who watches this saw that Issei tries standing back up had no choice but to surrender as she doesn't want him to push himself further. Issei who was trying to stand up lost his consciousness as he falls onto Rias who put his head on her lap while letting out tears.

Shortly after we heard a voice announcing Riser's victory as everyone who is in the room was silent.

'So in the end they still lost...'

Ilya and Nanashi had the same stoic faces but you can feel that they are a bit saddened by the result. Everyone else had a frown on their face. After all during the 10 day training they all became closer to Rias' peerage and those very friends and students just lost fighting for something they believed in.

I let out a sigh as we visited the injured.

Arriving at the place we saw each of them sleeping as Rias stares at them as she lets out tears for her peerage who fought so hard for her sake.