Chapter 27 : Conclusion

Regina's PoV
The House of Phenex is famous for their immortality with it they are almost unbeatable, however there is still a limit to it and there are many ways around it.

The first one is to overwhelm them with enough damage at once that their regeneration cannot handle. Eventually they would tire out as their ability is extremely mentally taxing.

The second is similar to first. It is simple really. You just need to use an attack where it kills them in a single round where nothing of their body would remain.

The third is using something to counteract the regeneration. If something damages them at the same speed they regenerate it would effectively counteract their healing or at the very least slow it down, but this usually depends on the Phenex you are fighting as the stronger ones have a faster regeneration speed.

Of course you could also seal their ability using a special power like Belial's [Worthless] or seal the Phenex themself to buy enough time to prepare an attack that can kill them in one hit.

Another are mental and soul attacks. Their power only affects the physical body. Although rare few beings are capable using it, few beings are capable of resistance. Those who have a strong mind can resist it though it usually depends on how strong the mental attack is.

Those that attack the soul are also extremely effective even to the most powerful of beings as the soul is extremely vulnerable. Of course granted that you have a technique that is capable of harming the soul in the first place.

However most soul attacks are dangerous as you would use your own soul to power up the attack and doing so would damage it in the unlikely event that they can defend against them or counters it. It also makes your soul vulnerable to attacks.

As for why im explaining this, its because Issei used one of the counters, that I told him earlier.

Before coming here at Issei's house he told me that he wanted something to counter the Phenex's immortality. So I explained the different ways to overcome it, thinking deeply things he thought of was holy water. Which is actually viable as the Phenex Clan are still devils unlike the original Phoenix.

The problem is how will Issei use it. Issei himself is still a devil and its extremely lethal to devils like him. However what he showed, shocked us. He said that he gave his arm to the Red Dragon Emperor for him to use his balance breaker for a limited time, and the duration would only be 10 seconds.

However since he gave his arm to the Red Dragon Emperor, it is technically a dragon's arm not a devil so he is now able to use it.

Looking at the scene right now he succeeded and Riser's regeneration is being slowed down by the holy water. He also had a cross in his hand as he punched Riser's face.

[BOOST!]

As Riser's face got hit, Issei also transfered power to the holy water.

"Boosted gear gift!"
[TRANSFER!]

Riser who was hit by this cried out in pain

"Ah! Damn you!"

Issei just kept hitting him with the cross on his left hand. Riser tried to retaliate but Issei easily dodged the attacks using [Foresight] and punched Riser once more.

"Fall down already!!" He yelled out as he swung his left hand.

Hitting one more time he sent Riser back a few distance away from him. Riser who was sent backwards fell to the ground and didn't seem to be recovering. It appears he lost consciousness.

Issei seeing this let out a sigh.

Looking at his victory I let out a smile and looked towards Sirzechs who seemed content with the result.