Chapter 20 : Thats just absurd.

Regina's PoV
8 days have passed since the start of the training camp everyone had improved lately and their chance has drastically improved against Riser in the upcoming rating game.

On the fifth day I invited Ilya to come and fight Kiba for a change of pace. Ilya agreed and helped Kiba train alongside me. Ilya has also added a lot of new demon swords to her library from fighting against Kiba and has also gave him advice on how to improve them better.

Currently everyone is taking a break and as the place where Kiba and us train is really close to the lodging everyone wanted to watch him fight against Ilya.

"Thats amazing! which sacred gear is Ilya-san using? Its so similar to Kiba's [Sword Birth] and Regina-san's [Gate of Babylon!]." Hearing her questions everyone from Regulus Dominion was an akward smile seeing the members of Rias' peerage looking at us with a curious look.

Certainly if you see it from the outside it looks like Ilya has a sacred gear. I sighed as I start explaining to the curious devils.

"You see... Ilya doesn't have a sacred gear." I said revealing the truth.

"Eh?! Then how come she can create swords like that?" Asked Issei, Everyone else also had shocked expressions.

"What Ilya is doing is technically magic." I continued saying.

"Magic? Theres no magic like that to my knowledge." Asked Rias. Growing up in the Gremory Household Rias has read and seen lots of different magic. So hearing what Ilya is doing is absurd considering that its really similar to the sacred gear that Kiba is using.

"What Ilya is using is an original magic of hers, She refer to it as [Divine Forge]. It essentially recreates any kind of weapon. Be it from her imagination and even creating a near perfect replica of a weapon she has seen."

"How is that not a sacred gear?!"

I know its pretty absurd...

"Anyway, possibly only Ilya can use that ridiculous magic." Commented Raina from the side.

"Why?" Asked Akeno curiously.

"[Divine Forge] has many strict requirements in order to be used effectively. The first one is knowledge of alchemy. Ilya is from the house of Romanov and alchemy is what she uses to form the weapons."

"The Romanov Family?" Asked Issei.

"The Romanov are a long standing family that ruled russia for 300 years. From what I heard they are descendants of some Russian heroes and are skilled in the sword and magic. They also had a lot of history with alchemy possibly one of the few remaining who practices the art in th me world." Explained Rias to Issei

Raina then continued my explaination as she is better qualified as a magic user herself.

"The second requirement is magic. One must be skilled on magic or else it wont work. She uses her vast understanding of magic to create the materials needed for the weapon. Similar to how one would create fire or lightning in using magic.

She also has an ability that she got from the Slavic God Svarog called [Metal Creation] giving her the ability give properties and attributes to the materials she uses by using already present materials. She combined this ability with [Transmutation], an art under alchemy that manipulates already existing elements." (Raina)

"She also has a background in forging due to her hobby of creating various armaments. She uses her knowledge as a basis to further improve upon the creation even exceeding it at times. " I added.

"The Romanov family also has the protection of the spirit Viy which gives her a pair of [Mystic Eyes] to see through the characteristics of the weapon. This lets her copy any weapon that she has seen given that she has the mana to do so." (Raina)

"I see then its truly dificult to copy her magic." Rias said in understanding.

"Last but not the least she possess a photographic memory. Anything she has seen once she will remember. As it would overload her brain she created a library inside her mindscape where she stores her memories and knowledge. She created another separate one for the weapons she recorded." Added Yun Yao at the side as she watches Kiba and Ilya clash.

"Then isn't this ability impractical?" Asked Rias hearing the explaination of how the magic worked.

"Thats why I said its only Ilya who could possibly use this magic. Possibly no one else will be able to replicate it."

"But how could she achieve such usage of this impractical ability?"

"Through training. Ilya is gifted and is a genius thats for sure however she could never achieve such strength without hardwork.

It took Ilya 2 years to achieve such mastery in using this magic. What your seeing right now is actually just a playful usage of her magic." I said to them. Hearing that she wasnt even serious in using [Divine Forge] shocked them.

"Do you really think thats just what she achieved in 2 years?" I asked them who is still stunned.

"You have seen my Sacred Gear before right?" I asked them.

"...you called it [Gate of Babylon] if im not mistaken." Replied Koneko remembering my explaination back at the church where we rescued Asia.

"Yes, my sacred gear lets me store countless treasures within it and fire them at ridiculous speeds towards my enemies. She have seen my usage of it a couple of time already."

Rias and the others thought back to the couple of times I used the ability. Koneko and Issei even witnessed me open over a hundred gates at once.

"Using my sacred gear I can launch hundreds of projectiles in the form of weapons each with different effects upon impact in every direction.

Ilya herself can match that output using [Divine Forge] thats how absurd her calculation abilities are." I explained to them how absurd Ilya is.

Honestly if it werent for my sister, Ilya might have been the best mage in the whole world. Her calculation abilities are unmatched and Raina can only beat her output with the use of her sacred gear. She achieved mana control at almost the same level as Raina only lacking behind a few steps.