Chapter 32 : Azazel and Regina (2)

Azazel's PoV
I sighed as I look at the sleeping Regina before going downstairs to sit with Vali in the sofa.

"Hey do you really think I'm a useless Father...?" I asked Vali who was sitting next to me.

Regina had to carry all the emotional burden for years and from what I heard when she was crying earlier she seemed to also have a younger sister. Meaning Marilyn had twins...

Normally I would be happy to meet my daughter but finding out that those bastards from the Arclight Family killed her Im angered.

Why did I leave her all those years? This has been my biggest regret in life. After separating from her that year I went back a couple of months later to take her away after doing preparations.

I regretted to leave her and thought of asking her to come with me after doing some preparations as the Angels of Heaven would interfere should the notice my movements in their territory. Whats worst is the Arclight Family are pretty powerful. Unlike the other hunan factions they control 6 Holy Swords not governed by the church well its 5 now I guess since Regina has Solis Catastrophe.

They also possess a lot of influence in the church. So I had to prepare in order to not get into a war with them. Alas my planning became useless as she disappeared when I came back.

"...your not bad compared to my Father." Vali said answering my question.

Hearing that I smile a little and patted his head which he shrugs off.

"So you want to tell me about her?"

I nodded and proceeded to explain to her everything that happened.

"...no wonder she hates you." He said after listening to my explaination.

Hearing that I got depressed.

"However she has begun to forgive you... the very fact that she easily fell asleep in your arms means she feels safe in your hands. She also didnt push you away when you hugged her meaning she doesnt entirely hate you. What she hates is the fact that you failed to protect them that year."

Hearing that I made a bitter smile. However Im no longer depressed as before.

"You should work on improving your relationship with her. From what you told me you share interests right? Use that." Saying that he left and gone down towards the basement to train.

I then went back towards her room upstairs to check on her and saw she was still sleeping.

"I'll make it up to you and your sister for these past years. This I promise."
I whispered my vow as I caressed her head before heading out to go back towards the Grigori to investigate these past years.

Unbeknownst to me the sleeping Regina let out a smile as I left after promising.

...

Regina's PoV
The sun glared at my face through the curtains. I rubbed my eyes and sat up planning to prepare myself for the day. However as I got up I noticed that im still in the clothes I wore outside yesterday.

Looking around the room I noticed that it was different from my usual room. It was then I remembered what happened yesterday.

"I met Father..." I muttered not noticing a man knocking and entering the room.

Seeing me sitting there muttering the man greeted me.

"Good morning, how was your sleep?"

He asked me with a gentle smile.

"Its fine. I guess..." I said without any expression.

Seeing he scratched his head then looked towards me with a serious expression.

"Look I know that I might not have been the best Father for this past years but I promise I'll make it up to you. I'll protect you this time."

Seeing that he was serious I nodded.

"I'll hold you to that promise." I said as I finally let out a smile.

"Oh right before I forget and you misunderstand. These past years I picked up a kid and adopted him as my own son. He was pitiful so I took him and raised him as my own so don't misunderstand ok?" Father explained afraid of me misunderstanding that he had a son with another woman.

"Got it." I told him. Then I noticed something and let out a smile.

"Wait does this mean I have a big brother now?" I asked him

"Yes, his name is Vali and similar to you he is also half breed. However his other half is Devil while the other is human." He told me and explained a bit of Vali's past.

Hearing that I nodded and noticed its quite similar to Liliane's past. I guess some Devils really are cruel to their own.

"So how did he react to you bringing me home." I asked hin curiously

"He thought I kidnapped an underaged girl." He said with his face twitching.

Hearing that I laughed and told him, "So you really are a lolicon even your son knows it!"

"I keep telling you Im not!"

After shouting he laughed as I also laughed along with him.

"I wanted to meet you Father." I said as I hugged him. Seeing this he hugged me back.

"Lets go eat. I'll introduce you guys to each other."

I nodded and followed him downstairs.

Arriving downstairs I saw a man with light silver hair with hazel eyes. He wore a dark green V-neck shirt with a high-collared black leather jacket over it. He also wears burgundy jeans with a silver chain drooping down over them and black leather chaps with three bands encircling his right calf, and black shoes with black buckles. (Courtesy of DxD Fandom wiki)

Seeing me and Azazel, he greeted us good morning.

"So you must be my new younger sister?" He asked me.

I raised my right hand and introduced myself towards him.

"I am Regina Gilgamesh-Arclight... Azazel. Nice to meet you err.."

He shook my hand with his right and also introduced himself. He then told me what to call him

"Vali Lucifer, Likewise. Just call me brother or Onii-san."

Wait Lucifer...

"Onii-chan. Do you perhaps know Liliane Lucifer?" I asked him, at first he twitched when I called him onii-chan but when I said Lily's name he was shocked and looked at me with a serious face.

"Where did you hear that name?" He asked with all seriousness. Even Azazel was shocked with his expression as he haven't seen such an expression on him. Normally Vali is very calm. However hearing that name shocked him.

"Its the name of one of my friends. She told me she is looking for her older brother."

"So shes still alive thank goodness." He said with a relieved expression.

So he really was Lily's older brother. I guess we are sisters in another way now...

"Do you wanna meet her?" I asked him.

He had a conflicting expression but eventually nodded.