Chapter 35 : Regina vs Vali (1)

Azazel's PoV
After I declared the start of the match I along with the girls stood by the side.
Ilya seeing that there were no chairs tapped the ground as chairs sprung from the ground.

Seeing this I was surprised and asked her, "Alchemy?"

She nodded as we looked towards Regina and Vali's fight.

"[VANISHING DRAGON BALANCE BREAKER!]"

Vali immediately went into balance breaker while Regina took out a golden sword from within the [Gate of Babylon].

It appears to be different from Solis Catastrophe but still similar. I have heard of Regina's Sacred Gear that once belonged to the King of Heroes. I smiled at this opportunity to see it in action and hopefully get some research from it.

Raina also seemed to possess a sacred gear and Ilya's alchemy is interesting. I want to ask them later if they could help me with my research especially Ilya as I want to learn alchemy as it woukd be useful.

The girls who saw Vali going into balance breaker was surprised.

"He's the White Dragon Emperor?" Asked Raina with a surprise. It seemed even Regina who is his opponent is surprised.

"Even I didnt know that." Said Lily also surprised.

From what I heard from Vali, he awakened the sacred gear after he separated from Lily so she didnt have an idea. He awakened the sacred gear when Lily was out on a task ordered by their grandfather so she didnt know about it till now.

Ilya is like Regina and rarely shows expression but her eyes shows interest. She then looked towards Regina with a smile in anticipation which made me curious.

Seeing this Raina explained to me the reason why.

"Daddy, You see both Onee-chan and Ilyanee-chan are rivals. They both like it when they showed the other's power. They feel proud to be that person's rival."

"I see..."

We then turned our attention back to the two who are about to fight.

Regina then put the sword infront of her.

"Show me the light, [Regulus]!"

The sword was bathed in Golden light and shined bright becoming a holy sword that exceeds Solis Catastrophe. It glowed as countless holy engravings manifested as the sword changes into a more regal design.

She then chanted once more.

"Illuminate the ages, For the time has come! [Neo-Regulus!]"

Her body was then surrounded by Golden Light as her outfit also changed. She was now wearing long white pants and a white shirt. She had a long overcoat. Her clothes had several golden engravings. She has a white belt with a golden buckle. Attached to it was a sheathe where I assume the golden sword goes to. A pair of Golden wings also sprung forth behind her back.

"Is that a balance breaker? But isnt her sacred gear the [Gate of Babylon]? She had another one?" I said with surprise.

"No, Father thats not a sacred gear. Its a Regalia." Said Ilya.

Regalia? Thats the first time I heard of this term.

"Regalias are weapons developed by the Regulus Dominion based on our research of sacred gear, holy swords and other various weapons." Said Raina.

Its amazing that they managed to make a weapon similar and as strong as sacred gears.

"I've been meaning to ask this. Are you girls members of Regulus Dominion?" I asked them curiously

The Regulus Dominion was a faction that have been gaining influence by the past 5 years. It started as a mercenary group which later became their own faction. I have heard of many powerful powerhouses coming from that faction. Their most famous ones were [Silver Princess], [Crimson Devil], [Knight Princess], [White Tiger], and [Cursed Spear]. I have also heard of powerful ones known as [Golden Princess] and [Astral Disaster] although not as famous as the other ones as they rarely appear.

The girls looked at each other before letting out a smile and answered at the same time.

""Yes""

"All of us are members of the Regulus Dominion."

"I see... but be careful the organization might place you on danger or betray you." I told them. Such cases have happen in different organizations and I dont want that to happen to them. Those Fallen Angels who attacked me yesterday are among those who betrayed us and tried to take over the Grigori.

Hearing my warning the 3 of them laughed as I had a confuse expression on my face.

"Daddy you dont need to worry about that. We actually hold high positions within the organization."

"What position?" I asked curiously.

"Onee-chan is the Supreme Leader, me and sister Ilya are the vice leaders. Lily is one of the executive officers." Raina explained which shocked me.

"The organization was formed by Onee-chan along with us and our other friends so you dont need to worry much." Said Raina with a smile.

"I see..." I said as I pat their heads. Their hair are so soft. I might get addicted to this.

...

Regina's PoV
After going into [Second Verse] I gathered up holy power into the sword and launched an attack towards Onii-chan.

"[Holy Line!]"

Onii-chan raised his arms in a cross and tanked the hit while using Divide.

" [DIVIDE!] [DIVIDE!] [DIVIDE!]"

Damn I forgot about the Vanishing Dragon's divine dividing ability. Thats really troublesome...

Onii-chan then flew towards me as I also flew towards him.

We exchanged several blows midair as we zigzagged across the sky.

Onii-chan's divine dividing powers are really annoying. It so troublesome to make large attacks as he will just divide whatever I threw at him.

It might be more troublesome for me than Issei's Boosted Gear as it has more defensive capabilities. Whats worst is he can use that power to boost himself like the Boosted gear from the attack he divided. With Issei I could just overpower him but with Onii-chan it will be a drawn out fight and eventually I will lose in battle of attrition due to his divine dividing powers.

Well it also has its flaws as he cant power up as much from just my weak attack unlike the boosted gear. When Issei reaches his level he might be better at offense however the vanishing dragon might be better at defense and attritions. Though thats not to say his attack power isnt also strong.

He is the perfect counter to my Regulus who excels at breaking through defenses as his defense is through weakening the attack.

I then used [Flash Step] a technique I developed to fight Ilya and appeared behind him.

"PIERCE [HOLY LIGHTNING!]"

Reacting quickly Onii-chan divides the incoming lightning and sent an attack towards me which I blocked with my sword.

"[DIVIDE!] [DIVIDE!] [DIVIDE!]"

He then reappeared infront of me and punched which I quickly blocked with Regulus once more.

As he punched he also activated Divide which weakened my defenses even more.

"[DIVIDE!]"

As he hit me I was sent flying back as I used my golden wings to stabilize myself in the sky.

Damn so in the end Im gonna have to use the [Gate of Babylon] to match him.

"[BALANCE BREAKER!]" I yelled out as golden armor appeared and overlapped with my holy dress from using [Second Verse].

"Ready for round 2, Onii-chan?" I asked him as countless ripples appeared in the air.