Chapter 7 : Please Maou-sama

Regina's PoV
After fighting with the Lunatic we walked down the staircase below the altar.

After the going down the stairs, there is a single passage. Sometimes there are doors in both side of the wall.

It was at this moment that Koneko points to the far end by saying,

"Possibly at the end of this
passage... I can smell that person…"

We then proceeded to go further when Issei turned towards us and asked.

"Hey this might be a bit late but, arw you guys also Devils?" Asked Issei as if remembering it.

Now that you think of it we never really introduced ourselves towards him.

"No, were magicians~" answered my sister. Well she is not lying, I can also use magic although compared to my sister I'm lacking in that department and its not my preferred way of fighting so I just use it as support I most of the time.

"Well enough of this, we can talk about it later. For now we should focus on rescuing the girl." Said Raina to which Issei nodded with a serious expression.

As we went further in, a big door appears.

"Is that it?" asked Issei

"Possibly. I'm sure there are groups of Exorcists and Fallen Angels inside.
Are you ready?"

Everyone nodded towards Kiba's question as Issei and Kiba tried to open the door.

"Okay. Then we'll open the door-"

When Kiba and Issei were about to open the door, the door opens by itself.

While making a large noise, the inside of the ritual place becomes visible.

"Welcome. Devils and you two lowly Humans."

The Fallen Angel, Raynare, spoke from the end of the room.

The room is full of priests. They all have a sword handle that makes the
blade of light in their hands.

We looked at the girl who is attached to the cross.

"Asia!" shouted Issei, Asia noticed his voice and looks at him.

"……Ise-san?"

"Yeah! I've come to save you!"

Issei smiled at her and a tear drops from her eye.

"It's a touching reunion, but it's too late. The ritual is about to finish now." Said the Fallen Angel, Raynare interrupting the touching reunion.

Looking closely it appears the ritual has already started and about to finish. I look towards my sister who nodded.

Ten Rings appeared in Raina's fingers. She raised her right hand as a staff appeared on it.

It was the [Astral Codex], a magic item that was created with our joined efforts similar to Regulus. It has the ability to act as a catalyst when using large scale magic, ritual magic that would normally needed multiple people to perform along with various items. It can also aid the user in spell casting, and sturdy enough in case of situations needing close combat.

"[Break!]" Raina yelled out breaking the magic formation.

Seeing this Raynare and the others were shocked.

"What did you do?!" Screamed Raynare.

"I just broke your magic. Tehee" said Raina with her tongue out.

She then turned towards the priests, "What are you waiting for kill them!"

Responding to the orders, the priests charges towards us. Similar to the Lunatic, they also had several weapons such as swords and guns.