Chapter 24 : The Golden Princess

Regina's PoV.
I sat with Sirzechs and the others as Sirzechs greets me.

"Greetings, this should be our first meeting. Its finally nice to meet my sister's friend." Sirzechs said to me.

"Likewise, its an honor to meet the current Demon King Lucifer." I replied to him.

"Though I didn't expect you to be the [Golden Princess]..." He said which cause me to narrow my eyes.

"I have to say those from the Regulus Dominion truly are some powerful individuals." He continued to say.

"I didn't expect someone like yourself to know of me." I said with a cold voice.

"Haha, you dont need to be so tense. I didn't say that to be against you. Im just confirming my suspicions." He said raising his to hands to his chest.

"As for how I know you. Although your fame isn't as high as the [Silver Princess] you are still well known especially by those at the top." He explained towards me in hopes of lowering my hostility.

The [Golden Princess] is a title I was given by supernatural world as no one knew of my real name. As they didnt know they decided to call me as such. The nickname was taken from my blonde hair as well as the golden lights that appear one I used my sacred gear. Even my favorite sword [Regulus] is gold in color. It also shines with gold light when I use it in techniques like [Holy Line] and such.

The [Silver Princess] on the other hand was the title given to Ilya due to her Silver hair and dress. There was the blue silver color that appears when she uses [Divine Forge].

"It seems your quite knowledgeable about us." I said as we wait for them to clear the hall.

The others that seat with us didnt mind me that much and had their attention to Issei and Riser who are about to fight.

"Well as I said before you guys are pretty faces and as one who holds the title of Demon King Lucifer I need to know of those powerful individuals who cab threaten us and your group is one of them. After all you have many terrifying fighters such as the [White Tiger Emperor], [Moonlight DeathGod], [Azure Cursed Hound], [Knight Princess], and many others."

Many of the members of Regulus Dominion are descendants of powerful beings or inheritors. All of them work hard to obtain power as they already experienced the feeling of being powerless as such we train in anyway we can. Even Ilya created a broken ability [Divine Forge] and Alyssa evolved her sacred gear and took it to greater heights that its unbelievable that its the same sacred gear.

Each of them trained to their limits to achieve their power that we have today. Although in terms of number we lose to the other factions of the world but we more than enough individual strength to match them.

"Though I have to wonder why do you need to rely on such schemes to get what you want? You as a Devil King should be powerful no?" I asked him

"Even if Im a Devil King there are some restraints on me due to having this position."

"I find your position useless." I told him bluntly.

"What do you mean? Even if your Rias' friend there are somethings you shouldn't say especially when your in their territory." He said as he narrowed his eyes and released his aura.

Without flinching I retaliated with my own aura as I look him in the eye. The other people started noticing the commotion. Seeing this we both lowered our auras as I continue speaking.

"These fools can just insult without any fear. If this was the former demon kings heads would have flied at the slightest disrespect.

These fools can act like this because you allow them to, it is because of this that they can act so arrogant. These fools has a habit of looking down on people and other races. The way I see it their not much different from the old satan faction.

You yourself is a King. Its even in your title and you yourself are within top 10 in this world so how come you have to scheme just to get what yoy want? When these very fools are under your protection. Without you and the other 3 they would have been vulnerable to the Grigori and the Heavens."

Hearing my words, Sirzechs contemplated for a bit before saying this to me with a sigh.

"Maybe you are right... however you do not know of the responsibilies I hold or how much I carry just to keep the peace in the underworld. Sure the old demon king's way would allow me more freedom but it would also make a lot of them against me and should a civil war occur it would weaken the underworld even more."

Hearing his words I sighed as I know our conversation wouldn't go anywhere.

"You Devils are really complicated. Your more greedy than humans that you would destroy yourselves. I pity people like you who works so hard to maintain the peace to protect them from destroying thenselves in greed."

As we were talking the hall was finally prepared as Issei and Riser prepares to fight.

"Well lets drop the subject shall we and focus in the fight." He said seeing that the hall is finally prepared.

I nodded towards him in agreement as we watch Issei and Riser fight.